Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Amazon Prime "No Rush Shipping" changes

Well, you ask for it, and somehow you got it. Amazon has changed up the offer available in their "No Rush Shipping" offer/promotion. Now, instead of Instant Videos, you can get book or ebook credits!

Quote:
About FREE No-Rush Shipping

Choose FREE No-Rush Shipping and we’ll automatically apply a $1 books and ebooks credit to your account once your order ships.

You can use this credit by logging on to Amazon.com or browsing your Kindle device. You can find the book or ebook you want to purchase and we’ll automatically apply the credit at checkout.

Your order with No-Rush Shipping will arrive in 5 - 7 business days. This No-Rush credit expires on December 31, 2014. Terms and Conditions apply.
I remember when this first came out there was disappointment that you could only use the credit for videos. Now Kindle content is on the table. Personally, I wish mp3s were an option again, but hey I'll take it.

Edit: You can check your promotional balances by using one of the links below:

Amazon US
Amazon UK

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-14-2015 at 04:48 AM.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I remember when this first came out there was disappointment that you could only use the credit for videos. Now Kindle content is on the table. Personally, I wish mp3s were an option again, but hey I'll take it.
Until I get MP3 credits, I'm gonna demand rush shipping for everything
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
For me the $1 credit is not worth the extra wait for what I have ordered. If I was not on prime the difference in cost of 2 day verses normal ground is considerably more than $1. So to entice me to choose this offer they would need to increase the credit by at least double maybe even tripple it then I would consider it. But at a $1 no way.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
And of course I just ordered something yesterday! I used the slow shipping, got a video credit, but would have much rather had an ebook credit!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
And of course I just ordered something yesterday! I used the slow shipping, got a video credit, but would have much rather had an ebook credit!
S
So did I! I went for the two-day shipping, not because I really care so much about when the shipment arrives, but because I figured I probably wouldn't get around to using the video credit. I would've opted for an e-book credit if it had been available, I think.

Seems like it would be simpler all around if Amazon just offered a credit that could be used on any digital purchase.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #6
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
For me the $1 credit is not worth the extra wait for what I have ordered. If I was not on prime the difference in cost of 2 day verses normal ground is considerably more than $1. So to entice me to choose this offer they would need to increase the credit by at least double maybe even tripple it then I would consider it. But at a $1 no way.
I've found that, if you've got Prime, you can get credits fast if you are not "bundling" your shipments. I picked up 3 episodes in the time they were offering video credits. It's a nice perk for when you really don't need it that fast.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Seems like it would be simpler all around if Amazon just offered a credit that could be used on any digital purchase.
Amen, sister; preach on. This would seem to make the most sense.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ah, but think: with a little forward planning (and some luck) you could get ebooks to match Whispersync titles the next time those $10 coupons become available. I know a certain monkey enjoys his audiobooks...
Old 09-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Me too. I have Kindle Unlimited, I don't need ebook credits.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Can the credits be stacked; If i get three credits, can I use them for $3 off a single ebook?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #11
mgbino
Groupie
mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgbino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
I live about 3 miles from an Amazon warehouse, so I usually get packages in 2 days using the slow shipping option... for me, this might be the best Prime perk yet.
mgbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:15 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbino View Post
I live about 3 miles from an Amazon warehouse, so I usually get packages in 2 days using the slow shipping option... for me, this might be the best Prime perk yet.
I was thinking the same thing. I often took the slow option for the video credits even though I rarely buy videos. Ebook credits will make it a no-brainer for me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #13
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Can the credits be stacked; If i get three credits, can I use them for $3 off a single ebook?

Thanks.
Absolutely.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks for the heads up, skinmann!

My problem with the optional slow shipping is that they don't offer a date certain for delivery.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #15
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

Thanks.
The video credits definitely stack (I had $3 in video credits and they went toward one video purchase) so it's likely the ebook credits will work the same way.

And if you really want to maximize the credits, you can place each order separately when ordering multiple items. IOW, if you place an order with three items in it, you will get $1 in credits for choosing slow shipping. If you place three orders with one item each, you will get $1 credit for each order. Don't worry too much about ruining the planet with all the extra boxes on the truck: Amazon can combine multiple orders into the same box if it suits them to do so.

Finally, don't be surprised when Amazon delays sending out your "no rush shipping" items for a few days.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote