Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #16
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Of course you could always try it yourself...
Well, it sounds like too complicated task for me
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Need to pester JetBook to migrate these features. They can't argue that it doesn't work...

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #18
kaousacanada
kaousacanada began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite
Can this Chinese firmware work on Jetbook Lite?

Can this Chinese firmware work on Jetbook Lite?

I have purchased the Jetbook Lite few weeks ago. Can I use this M128x firmware on Jetbook Lite device?

Also, Jetbook lite supposes to support HTML but it doesn't seems to work.
kaousacanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
The dragonball CPU has a Jtag interface for the initial flashing. I have that Jtag interface and can reflash your unit back to any firmware you want if you really hose it up. This would be a last resort as we have to take the unit apart and remove the foil shield to get access to the jtag interface. We only want to do this if you can not get it fixed by Ectaco under warranty.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I believe the jetBook Lite is a M218C. Flash at your own risk, of course.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #21
kabir
kabir began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Quote:
I believe the jetBook Lite is a M218C. Flash at your own risk, of course.
And there is no M218C upgrade firmware yet. The company only hinted that there will be a bug-fix only upgrade for M218C early this year.
kabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
I am really working hard to figure out the version of linux they are running. I want to get a copy of the firmware for all the different e-books based on this design. I will then do a comparison of the software to see the similarities and differences over the base os system. I have a message into the chinese manufacturer to find out what linux their system runs.

I am hoping the driver for the buttons and the screen is a system level driver that can be accessed just like the terminal in linux. This would allow us to add our own applications to the system.

Last edited by gr8npwrfl; 01-03-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: additions
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #23
kabir

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir View Post
And there is no M218C upgrade firmware yet. The company only hinted that there will be a bug-fix only upgrade for M218C early this year.
It turns out M218C+ upgrade firmware is now available.

http://www.jcnip.com/m218aupdata/M218C019firmware.rar
Old 01-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #24
kabir

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir View Post
It turns out M218C+ upgrade firmware is now available.

http://www.jcnip.com/m218aupdata/M218C019firmware.rar
A word of caution: According to the Chinese manufacturer, this firmware has model checking that may prevent cross flashing. You may not be able to flash it back in case you don't like this version.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #25
kaousacanada
kaousacanada began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite
I tried to upload the M218C019 firmware to the Jetbook Lite but the device won't take it. I guess the M218C firmware does check the device ID before starting upgrade.

By the way, the latest Jetbook Lite firmware is at the following location.

ftp://custftp:FQSswyvGQ20So@ftp.ecta...Lite_0.14n.exe
kaousacanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #26
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
Guys, a pointer and I'm not sure if it helps. Just wanna let you know that the Chinese hardware models are the following:

M218A > original machine without TTS

M218A+ > TTS added, 128MB Storage, 32MB system memory (apparently the same machine as Libre and Jetbook)

M218A++ > TTS, 256MB Storage, 64MB system memory

M218B > TTS, 256MB Storage, 64MB system memory, WiFi

M218C+ > basically an M218A++ without the lithium battery (replaced with AA battery compartment), probably with less system memory (32MB??)

M218C > probably the M218C+ leaving out the headphone jack and any mp3/TTS function (Jetbook Lite)

When you try to cross-flash your Aluratek/Jetbook with Chinese firmwares, you can refer to the above. Hope that helps.

Last edited by manifestor; 02-01-2010 at 10:44 AM.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #27
sn2002bt
sn2002bt began at the beginning.

Device: Libre
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestor View Post
Guys, a pointer and I'm not sure if it helps. Just wanna let you know that the Chinese hardware models are the following:

M218A > original machine without TTS

M218A+ > TTS added, 128MB Storage, 32MB system memory (apparently the same machine as Libre and Jetbook)

M218A++ > TTS, 256MB Storage, 64MB system memory

M218B > TTS, 256MB Storage, 64MB system memory, WiFi

M218C+ > basically an M218A++ without the lithium battery (replaced with AA battery compartment), probably with less system memory (32MB??)

M218C > probably the M218C+ leaving out the headphone jack and any mp3/TTS function (Jetbook Lite)

When you try to cross-flash your Aluratek/Jetbook with Chinese firmwares, you can refer to the above. Hope that helps.

No, it didn't help. I just bought a Libre pro. It won't take M218A or A+ and it will complain and says you need M218B. But I have tried almost every 218B versions I can find from Chinese website and from the link someone post here, none of them worked on Libre. Can someone please help to crack Libre pro? Thanks.
sn2002bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #28
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Libre has some code that limits you to only flashing with their own firmware. You have to hack around it... perhaps even flash to the jetBook firmware before the Chinese version. But you risk bricking your reader.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #29
sn2002bt

Quote:
Libre has some code that limits you to only flashing with their own firmware. You have to hack around it... perhaps even flash to the jetBook firmware before the Chinese version. But you risk bricking your reader.

No, I can't even flash it to jetbook firmware. Tried so many times. Mine is 1.6h now. I am wondering how people said they flashed their libre to jetbook?

I read a guy said he flashed his jetbook to chinese Yibuoshi 218A+. He didn't say how he did it, as expected.

I also read from this forum, some people here know how to modify the code in the firmware. Can someone please let me know how? thanks.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #30
sn2002bt

Quote:

Is there any place where I can get the older version of jetbook firmware? The current on on Jetbook site can not be flashed to Libre 1.5 or 1.6? thanks.