Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
It seems to have but my expiry date hasn't updated. I talked to a lady in Kindle support who said it will update when my first KU annual plan expires in July. I'm going to keep a close eye on it, because from reading the fine print I really don't think they want me to do what I did since I already have the KU discount from last year piggybacked on the KU discount from the year before!
Oh my

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
It seems to have but my expiry date hasn't updated. I talked to a lady in Kindle support who said it will update when my first KU annual plan expires in July. I'm going to keep a close eye on it, because from reading the fine print I really don't think they want me to do what I did since I already have the KU discount from last year piggybacked on the KU discount from the year before!
Keep your receipt. You can have them manually add it if not.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #18
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Does anyone know of a short prime video to watch to get the $10 credit?
I liked the walking catfish
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:16 PM   #19
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How about a kids show or a sitcom? Less than a half hour each.
Yeah I know, but last time they did something like this there was a five minute video somebody found.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:17 PM   #20
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I liked the walking catfish
I did a search for walking catfish and this is what came back.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-06-29-22-14-47.png
Views:	327
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	157641
Advert
Old 06-29-2017, 10:43 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah I know, but last time they did something like this there was a five minute video somebody found.
Gotcha - I can't think of anything that short.

You could always play a sitcom and then walk away to do some chores. When you're done, the video is done.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:42 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I did a search for walking catfish and this is what came back.
Attachment 157641
Not hardly. I had found a kid's show.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:14 AM   #23
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Prime Day! Wonderful!

I'll take a Prime Rib, cooked medium. Some, but not a lot of red coloration in the center. Oh, and I'd like a dob (a little of it goes far!) of horseradish on the side. Also, a little au jus sauce on the side would be great, too.

Of course, I'd like the regular side items--warm bread with real butter, salad, and a baked potato. On the baked potato, I'd like real butter, extra sour cream, scallions if you have them, and some chopped onions. On the salad I'd like thousand island dressing with a few croutons.

I can tell that Prime Day is going to be super!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-30-2017 at 12:27 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:08 AM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Card Bonus rewards for Prime Day -- starts 10 Jul -- exp 11 Jul

Up to 20% back on Prime Day on thousands of items w/ Amazon Prime Store Card

Spoiler:
Quote:
That's up to 15% back on top of the every day 5% back you could already earn

Here’s how to access percentage back rewards on Prime Day:
  1. Add eligible items to your Cart
  2. At checkout, select your Amazon.com Store Card as the payment method for your entire order*
  3. Select "Get 5% back, and bonus statement credits on select items charged to this card" as your promotional benefit

The percentage back savings will be applied as a credit on your statement.

*Only the amount charged to the Amazon Prime Store Card on eligible items will receive the percent back. The amount paid using other payment types including gift cards and rewards points, will not qualify for the bonus.

Terms & Conditions

Spoiler:
Quote:
Limited time offer while supplies last and subject to credit approval. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PST on July 11, 2017. Offer only applies to select items shipped from and sold by Amazon.com. Offer only valid for Amazon Prime Store Cardmembers and authorized users of an Amazon Prime Store Card. Offer is comprised of the standard 5% back statement credit offered to Amazon Prime Store Cardmembers, plus an additional percentage bonus statement credit of up to 15% on select items. Offer only applies eligible items charged to the Amazon Prime Store Card. Items fully or partially paid by another payment form including but not limited to gift cards and rewards points may not receive the percentage back bonus. Offer may not be combined with any Special Financing or Equal Pay offer. Offer does not apply if you select a Special Financing or Equal Pay offer to apply during checkout. Offer only applies to the portion of net qualifying purchases (purchases less returns and other credits) of eligible items paid for with an Amazon Prime Store Card at Amazon.com. Offer does not apply to shipping charges, taxes or other fees associated with the purchase of an eligible product. Please allow up to two billing cycles for your statement credit to post to your Amazon Prime Store Card account. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If any products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. For more information and full terms, see amazon.com/storecard.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-30-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:22 AM   #25
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Prime Day! Wonderful!

I'll take a Prime Rib, cooked medium. Some, but not a lot of red coloration in the center. Oh, and I'd like a dob (a little of it goes far!) of horseradish on the side. Also, a little au jus sauce on the side would be great, too.

Of course, I'd like the regular side items--warm bread with real butter, salad, and a baked potato. On the baked potato, I'd like real butter, extra sour cream, scallions if you have them, and some chopped onions. On the salad I'd like thousand island dressing with a few croutons.

I can tell that Prime Day is going to be super!
It needs a drink to complete the meal.

For red meat I suggest two shots of aged Irish Peat Whiskey in an old fashioned glass, a couple ice cubes, and fill with ruby red (fresh not from concentrate) grapefruit juice.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #26
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Prime Card Bonus rewards for Prime Day -- starts 10 Jul -- exp 11 Jul

Up to 20% back on Prime Day on thousands of items w/ Amazon Prime Store Card
This sounds great, but I don't see where they're saying which items are eligible. Now I don't know if I should wait on a couple of things I was planning to order.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
This sounds great, but I don't see where they're saying which items are eligible. Now I don't know if I should wait on a couple of things I was planning to order.
They're not saying and I think that's rather lame. Hopefully, they'll produce a list with many of the eligible items; but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #28
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Gotcha - I can't think of anything that short.

You could always play a sitcom and then walk away to do some chores. When you're done, the video is done.
I reread the Terms and Conditions and it looks like this is for the first time you stream a prime video on any device. I thought it was for the first time on a specific device.

Quote:
You are not eligible for the promotion if, prior to the entry period, you signed into your Prime account on an Eligible Device and streamed a Prime video (via the Eligible Device or any other device).
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=16979032011
Old 06-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I reread the Terms and Conditions and it looks like this is for the first time you stream a prime video on any device. I thought it was for the first time on a specific device.

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=16979032011
It is from specific devices. Streaming from a phone, tablet, or computer doesn't disqualify you.

Quote:
Eligible Devices: Fire TV, Fire TV stick, streaming media players (such as Roku), smart TVs, Blu-ray players, TIVO, and game consoles (such as Xbox or Playstation).
Old 06-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #30
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It is from specific devices. Streaming from a phone, tablet, or computer doesn't disqualify you.
I've streamed from tablets, fire tv, and fire tv stick. I think I have a fire tv I haven't used yet, and a phone I haven't used.