Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #661
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makc02 View Post
Thank you very much for your work. Very convenient program. If possible, in the next update, you can not make some corrections for pocketbook 840:
1. When disconnected, does not save the backlight level when it is turned on again.
2. Move page numbers to the middle.https://ibb.co/iYUjgR
3. Cover the whole screen.https://ibb.co/ezsLMR
#2 will not work when in two-column mode. But yes, it would be nice to be able to move those elements. I would like to have some things on the left.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #662
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pocketbook 840-2
I have an issue with dictionary on CR3 with 5.xx firmware device (InkPad-2). It doesn't work properly with word forms. For example, if I click on word "grounds" it doesn't show "ground", or when I click on "ascribed" it doesn't show "ascribe".

I know that word forms are being built-in to each dictionary itself, but the thing is that literally the same dictionaries (same files) with CR3 on PB 301+ works perfectly fine. So it does with standard PB software, but not with this CR3.

Is there any fix to this issue available?
xl743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #663
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I suppose it's a FW issue, some different implementation of the dictionary stuff. If I remember correctly CR3 uses the same functions regardless of the FW.

EDIT:
If you'll look into cr3pocketbook.cpp in the following method you'll see there's no FW condition.
PHP Code:
void CRPbDictionaryView::translate(const lString16 &w
Translations are done by calling a system function:
PHP Code:
_translateResult LookupWord((char *)what.c_str(), &word, &translation); 
So there must be some behavior change in that.

Last edited by brucelee; 12-06-2017 at 12:01 PM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #664
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Oh, thank you for indicating this, somehow I didn't realize it was a system function, but indeed, it's mentioned in inkview.h.

Not clear to me why standard PB software still works properly with dictionary and, at the same time, CR3 is still able work with the new firmware, even though it has some issues with dictionary. But maybe standard PB software uses some additional flags or additional functions to set dictionary mode or something like that.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a newer version of SDK/inkview.h, which could shed some light on the issue.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #665
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I suspect it is a problem with permissions. The system dictionaries are stored under user name "sreader" (probably secure reader), and are not accessible by the "reader" account. For a while, the default account was "sreader", so that all applications could access the dictionaries. However, a year or two ago, they reverted to using "reader" as the default account, and I expect that means that non-system applications can no longer read the system dictionaries.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #666
xl743

I wouldn't rely on PB system dictionaries, they are invisible to CR3 indeed. I just use my custom long-lived dictionaries in .dic format. CR3 sees them and works OK with them, but the only issue, it cannot make use of "morphems.txt" built-in to the dictionary files anymore. Hence it cannot translate English plural nouns (words -> word) or past form of the verbs (helped -> help), etc. Of course it's possible to type "word" and have it translated, but it's slightly inconvenient and slows down reading.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #667
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Oh, I see. That is perplexing. The coolreader code seems to do a lot of logging. If you enable it, perhaps you can figure out at which stage the lookup fails.

Last edited by rkomar; 12-07-2017 at 08:40 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:35 AM   #668
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Is anyone else having a problem running Coolreader on firmware 5.17?

Since my Touch HD updated to 5.17, I have found that Coolreader stops working if I allow the reader to shutdown - on reboot, the new faster boot seems to stall for a few seconds and then the reader opens the book I was reading but in the PB reader. Even if I return to the library and long-hold to open in Coolreader, the reader now fails to open Coolreader and returns to the main menu. The Coolreader crash log shows nothing, perhaps suggesting that the reader never even found Coolreader.

If I reconnect my reader to my laptop and make any change to a system file - just sufficient to cause the reader to do a refresh on eject - Coolreader will become available again unless and until the reader shutsdown.

Ideas?

David
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:51 AM   #669
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Yes, there's a bug with CR in the new FW. The last opened book opens with PB Reader on the first page after booting.
I can start any book normally with CR, though, after boot up. Do you have write protection on handlers.cfg?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:58 AM   #670
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
@LucyOne - thanks for the response.

No, handlers.cfg is not write protected.

For now, my solution is to disable shutdown.

David
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #671
ks.
ks. began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
Is anyone else having a problem running Coolreader on firmware 5.17?
Yes, I have the same problem.
Have anyone previous software?
Or maybe it will be fixed by CR?
ks. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 AM   #672
maxberl
maxberl began at the beginning.

Device: pb touch lux 2
hello, Would anyone have a link to download the previous firmware (pb631) ?
maxberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #673
reframail
reframail began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxberl View Post
hello, Would anyone have a link to download the previous firmware (pb631) ?
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...db_pn_user.zip

Enjoy!
reframail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #674
maxberl
maxberl began at the beginning.

Device: pb touch lux 2
thank you, merry christmas
maxberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #675
reframail
reframail began at the beginning.