Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #1
gursimran.17
gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Battery drainage problem

Hi!
I'm having a little trouble with the kobo Aura 6 battery. Its draining too fast. I charged it to 100% and after removal of the usb cable the first 20% charging drains within a few minutes. After the charging comes 75%, it stabilizes and doesn't drain that fast but after the charging reaches at 30 - 32 %, it again starts to drain fast but not like initial 20 %. It reduces to 10 % in about 15 - 20 minutes.
I also contacted the customer care and they told me do a factory reset and that also didn't work.
So, what should I do now?
gursimran.17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #2
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
How old is the Aura? Is it still under warrenty? I think you should contact them again regardless.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
If you ignore what the meter says, is the battery actually draining faster than normal?

My Glo's batter meter sounds similar to yours, it drops very quickly from 100% to 90%, and then drops again very quickly when it gets down to 25-30%, but between 90% and 30% I get about 40 hours reading time, so the battery itself is fine, it is just that the meter seems to be a measure of voltage or some other property rather than a measure of remaining charge.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:27 AM   #4
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
It could also be related to the cover (if you have one) - if the magnets inside it are too strong or misplaced. It happened to one of my colleague last year. The battery was draining fast even when the kobo wasn’t use (in sleeping mode). I made her to try without it during a week : no depletion. I ended up removing the magnets.

Last edited by cramoisi; 07-09-2015 at 01:55 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:02 AM   #5
gursimran.17
gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.gursimran.17 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
If you ignore what the meter says, is the battery actually draining faster than normal?

My Glo's batter meter sounds similar to yours, it drops very quickly from 100% to 90%, and then drops again very quickly when it gets down to 25-30%, but between 90% and 30% I get about 40 hours reading time, so the battery itself is fine, it is just that the meter seems to be a measure of voltage or some other property rather than a measure of remaining charge.
Hey.
I'm only getting 12-15 hours reading time. So, I have thinking of replacing it.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:07 AM   #6
gursimran.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
How old is the Aura? Is it still under warranty? I think you should contact them again regardless.
Its just a month old, so its still under warranty. I'm thinking of getting it replaced.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:12 AM   #7
gursimran.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
It could also be related to the cover (if you have one) - if the magnets inside it are too strong or misplaced. It happened to one of my colleague last year. The battery was draining fast even when the kobo wasn’t use (in sleeping mode). I made her to try without it during a week : no depletion. I ended up removing the magnets.
No, I don't have a cover.
How's your Glo HD?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #8
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gursimran.17 View Post
No, I don't have a cover.
How's your Glo HD?
Great, but still on its first run. The battery will last one full month I think.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
gursimran.17

Quote:
Great, but still on its first run. The battery will last one full month I think.
That's great. How much you read everyday?
Old 07-17-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Sounds odd. I have an aura and it takes a good lot of reading to drop the first few percent. I read a random amount per day - sometimes only minutes, sometimes a few hours
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:05 AM   #11
cramoisi
Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gursimran.17 View Post
That's great. How much you read everyday?
As much as possible. But with working, it’s more like 2 hours/day in week and 5+ during the week-end.

As expected, the battery lasted 36 days where I didn’t plug it for sideloaded epub (I set up Calibre server and get my books by wifi). During this time I used occasional wifi (for fetching my books) and very occasional 1% light (for reading in the dark). It’s less than my previous sony e-reader but the whole experience is better. And I can’t imagine myself out of the world during more than a full month anyway (I’m always going on holidays aka : phone - pc - tablet - internet free one month a year, thus the battery is ok for me - and I could get a mural usb charger)

Did you get your aura replaced ?
Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #12
gursimran.17

Quote:
As much as possible. But with working, it’s more like 2 hours/day in week and 5+ during the week-end.

As expected, the battery lasted 36 days where I didn’t plug it for sideloaded epub (I set up Calibre server and get my books by wifi). During this time I used occasional wifi (for fetching my books) and very occasional 1% light (for reading in the dark). It’s less than my previous sony e-reader but the whole experience is better. And I can’t imagine myself out of the world during more than a full month anyway (I’m always going on holidays aka : phone - pc - tablet - internet free one month a year, thus the battery is ok for me - and I could get a mural usb charger)

Did you get your aura replaced ?
Yes, I returned it and bought Glo HD instead. Glo HD is working really great right now.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #13
gursimran.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
Sounds odd. I have an aura and it takes a good lot of reading to drop the first few percent. I read a random amount per day - sometimes only minutes, sometimes a few hours
Yes, it was odd that's why I returned it.

Tags
aura, battery, kobo