Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
rmnelson
rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD
Nook Glowlight 3 sale 89.99 at B&N website

Title says it all. I bought a GL3 for my wife during the Black Friday sale for $99.99. I wondered if they might have another sale after xmas but now is good!

Since the partitioning beta has fixed my biggest concern about the Nook I may just go ahead and spring for another one. I'm currently using a Kobo Glo and worry that the battery may not last much longer.
rmnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
AkiraReader
Connoisseur
AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox, Kindles
It's insanely comfortable to hold, and the contrast is just right. I'm loving mine.

Do they give a price adjustment for us that paid full price two weeks ago?
AkiraReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
And I just bid on a Glowlight Plus If I don't win and the GL3 is still on sale...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would think so. Otherwise, there's nothing to stop you from returning it and buying again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnelson View Post
Title says it all. I bought a GL3 for my wife during the Black Friday sale for $99.99. I wondered if they might have another sale after xmas but now is good! ...
Didn't expect this. I thought – maybe – $100 again a couple days before Christmas but not a price less than the one on Black Friday.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
And I just bid on a Glowlight Plus If I don't win and the GL3 is still on sale...
Never bid before the absolute end of an auction! Not only can the situation change (as here), you only help drive up the price.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Never bid before the absolute end of an auction! Not only can the situation change (as here), you only help drive up the price.
If it's eBay, I use Auction Sniper. I decide how high I'm willing to go in advance (so you don't get caught up in that "just a little higher" trap) and it bids for me with 3 seconds left. I think it costs 25¢ per successful bid. (I put $5 in and it's lasted me about five years.) And the main thing is – no one even knows you're bidding until the last second, so you're not driving up the price.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
If it's eBay, I use Auction Sniper. I decide how high I'm willing to go in advance (so you don't get caught up in that "just a little higher" trap) and it bids for me with 3 seconds left. I think it costs 25¢ per successful bid. (I put $5 in and it's lasted me about five years.)
I haven't bought on eBay in a while, but back when I did I used a different sniper, same principal. Better money was never spent.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yeah, but on the other hand, I'm bidding on something I want but am not sure I need. The Glowlight Plus is nicer than my Aura, but the Aura works just fine.

And I was already outbid.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:35 PM   #10
tropicallie
tropicallie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony600,650,350 T1,NookSTR,GL3,S2TAB,Kobo Mini,KinVoyage
So here's my tale of woe with the price drop. I bought a GL3 during Black Friday. I love it. My husband has a B-day a couple days after Christmas so on Friday I bought him one as well (at the full price). I think he'll love having the wider bezels as he has really big hands. So, today I see this price drop and with membership it comes to $80.99! Also, the nook I ordered Friday was delivered today. I called B&N CS to see about a refund/return. What an unorganized bunch of cr*p THAT was. First person takes all my info, order # etc, then puts me on hold for 11 min, comes back and transfers me to person #2 who again asks me for all the same info and puts me on hold again. I lasted 4 min, hung up, went to the website, ordered another at the cheaper price and will return the delivered GL3 to the B&N store tomorrow.
Just to stay on topic - this price is really a steal. And website said price is good until 12/20/17

Last edited by tropicallie; 12-18-2017 at 06:37 PM.
tropicallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:14 PM   #11
AkiraReader
Connoisseur
AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox, Kindles
Like the above poster, I got shut down for a price match from my full price one I just bought. Guess I'll order online, and return the store bought one. Seems a waste, they should know people will do that. Just save us some time and price adjust.
AkiraReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #12
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hrnnnnngh, that's tempting. I almost bought it at $100, but I was able to hold off because it is, ultimately, a stupid purchase for me (totally happy with my KA1). $90 should still be a stupid purchase for me, but it's oh, so tempting. Just not sure I can justify owning two eReaders.
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #13
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
You can never own too many ereaders!
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #14
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
You can never own too many ereaders!
Still trying to convince myself.
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #15
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yeah, but on the other hand, I'm bidding on something I want but am not sure I need. The Glowlight Plus is nicer than my Aura, but the Aura works just fine.
I have an original Aura and a Glowlight Plus and I much prefer the Aura to the Glowlight Plus. Yes the Nook has a better screen but the screen on the Aura is just fine with me. And the Kobo has no capacative home button that sends me back to the home page as soon as I'm so absorbed in a book that I forget to avoid it, and I can read the dictionary entries.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote