Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Linda
Enthusiast
Linda began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
List printing

I would like to print the list of books that I have on my Sony ereader. I have been searching treads and have not found the answer. I am sure there must be a simple way.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please don't use the term ereader when you are not talking about eReader the program or eReader format eBooks. I've seen too many people getting confused thinking that the Sony reader line supports eReader fomat when it does not.

That said, before anyone can answer your question, which Sony Reader do you have?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
Linda
Enthusiast

I have the Sony 505.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Open a command prompt.. navigate to the directory that contains your eBooks and then once there type...

dir /b > c:\ebooks.txt

Then you can load the list into a word processor or text editor to format it how you want for printing.

I'd tell you what the directory is, but my 505 is put away for going out which I am doing after I post this. As for what drive it is, you can find out by going to my computer. That is saying you have Windows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Open a command prompt.. navigate to the directory that contains your eBooks and then once there type...

dir /b > c:\ebooks.txt
Cool idea. But, that is assuming that you have all your ebooks in the same folder. It will also only get the files names... and if you are buying from the Sony store the file names are just some type of SKU number or such. It also won't get the authors name.

I would say, when you buy a book, add it to your LibraryThing.com account. It has all types of ways to list and export book lists.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
Linda
Enthusiast

You are right about the books I have brought from Sony. I know this sounds dumb - but

Do I set up a librarything.com account and just add the books every time I buy or import a book?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda View Post
You are right about the books I have brought from Sony. I know this sounds dumb - but

Do I set up a librarything.com account and just add the books every time I buy or import a book?
Yep. Once I caught up that's what I do. They are working on integrating with some books stores, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't integrate with Sony bookstore yet.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote