Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-13-2004, 07:10 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Remote Car Entry Tidbits

Did you know that....

1) You can extend the range of your remote car unlocker do-hickey by touching it to the bottom of your chin!

2) You can unlock your car via a cell phone when you've lost your keys! You have to call someone with your remote unlocker. They hold it by their phone and hit unlock. You are holding your side about a foot from the car door. Viola... better than On-Star service!

Note: I've tried #1 and it works for me and a few others I know have tried it. But I wouldn't try it too often when other people are looking, or they'll think you're crazy!

I haven't tried #2 myself, but some people on the radio said they tried it here in the US anyway, and it works. Anyone out there able to give it a try? (with distances that make it impossible that the signal opened the car directly, of course).
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:17 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Nobody found this amazing????!!!!
Anyone try out the remote unlock via cell phone thing?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2004, 08:41 AM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I did find it amazing, but not having a remote opener, or knowing anyone who does, this has gone untested...
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:41 AM   #4
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
I'll definitely have to try #2. I'm still trying to figure out how it works in terms of an RF transmission being re-transmitted over a telephone
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:25 AM   #5
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Me too I'm like hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert