Notices

Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
re-map an easier "next page" button ?

Hi all -

I just got my Sony Reader today (for the $50 price, thanks to this forum! https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...add1/grin2.gif
) and have one complaint about the device:

I find both of the "next page" buttons awkward and difficult to use. Maybe my thumbs are getting arthritic, but after a few pages I actually find it painful.

Is there any way to re-map some of the buttons? I'd love to be able to use the "enter" button if that's possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, DojoPat!

Yes, this can be done. Have a look at the stickies in the Reader Developers' subforum. I don't think it has a specific remapping of the enter button, but there is one for remapping the jogstick to turn pages in the Hack Builder.

If you really want the Enter button to turn your pages, you can arrange it easily enough with some tweaks to the appropriate XML file.

Enjoy!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would guess that if you can push enter, you can push the joystick left or right for page forward/page back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Using HackBuilder, you can remap any of the buttons to existing functions, including the next page feature. The Help menu should have enough info to explain which function to remap. In this case, it should be the "doRight" function.

Remember, though. If you remap a button directly, you will probably want to map a different button to the function that you replaced, so you don't lose any functionality.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Wow, Nogg, I didn't realize you'd gotten it down so it was that flexible! Excellent work!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert