Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyMad View Post
when I import books that i have formated and save as say "02~001 The Colour of Magic" then Calibre changes it to ...

I just want it to leave my original File names alone
Calibre doesn't change your filename. Calibre doesn't even have a filename until you export a book in a specific format. When you export it, Calibre will create a filename from metadata in the database. You control what's in the metadata. You control the way that metadata is used to create the filename. Your problem is that you used the defaults for incoming metadata and outgoing filename. If you want something other than the defaults, you need to tell Calibre.

You have lots of options, but I'd suggest keeping the correct author, title and series, then adding any custom columns you need to create the exported filename you want.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #17
IzzyMad
Enthusiast
IzzyMad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thats fine I don't want to change the titles of the books as that would as you say leave me without the rest of the data also I have tried that and it made no difference at all; I think there is either a glitch in the program
(heaven forbid and wash my mouth out)
or
(as is far more likely)
there is some thing wrong with my computer.

Thanks for the reply

Izzy
IzzyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert