Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Sony 600 refurb $180; Sony 900 new $330 [Special price apparently for U.S.A. only]

Sony PRS-600BC refurbished from Sony Style, free shipping, plus tax.

Sony PRS-900BC (Daily Edition) new from Newegg, free shipping, no tax in most states.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-04-2010 at 05:39 AM.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
sorinxdx
sorinxdx began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
How I wish you could order those from within the EU ..
sorinxdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
When I clicked the link the price was $264. For refurbed? No, thank you!
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
When I clicked the link the price was $264. For refurbed? No, thank you!
Look a little below the orange "ADD TO CART" button for the special price. If it's not there, then there is no special price for your locale. I see the $180 price for the U.S.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Look a little below the orange "ADD TO CART" button for the special price. If it's not there, then there is no special price for your locale. I see the $180 price for the U.S.
Thank you - now I see the $180.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
It's a shame we can't get folks to include "(US only)" in the title. I keep seeing these offers and immediately try buying them to ship to the UK but then always find they either don't ship or the costs of shipping negate any savings.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
jj2me
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
It's a shame we can't get folks to include "(US only)" in the title. I keep seeing these offers and immediately try buying them to ship to the UK but then always find they either don't ship or the costs of shipping negate any savings.
Good question. Other than seeing specific text that says an offer is only available in one locale, is there any way we can know prices or availability for other locales?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
The Daily Edition is $299 at J and R right now, if I am not mistaken.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:58 AM   #9
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Good question. Other than seeing specific text that says an offer is only available in one locale, is there any way we can know prices or availability for other locales?
I'm not sure - one thing I can say for certain is that none of the Sony offers so far posted are available in the UK as I've tried to buy just about everyone Over here the price of the PRS600 is $360 which is a joke. I suppose the best way forwards is to just wait until someone says this can't be bought outside the US and then change the title accordingly.

Thanks for changing yours

Mike
Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
I'm not sure - one thing I can say for certain is that none of the Sony offers so far posted are available in the UK as I've tried to buy just about everyone Over here the price of the PRS600 is $360 which is a joke.
TechForLess claims they will ship internationally and they're at $183.10 for an Open Box PRS600:
http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech4less/PRS-600BC
They also have the PRS300 for $134.12
http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech4less/PRS-300SC

If you start by going through their e-mail coupon link:
http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/t...mv_pc=email609
you should be able to take another 10% off those prices ($164.79/$120.71).

HTH,
Richard

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with TechForLess other than as a satisfied customer - Sean Mitchell is the sales rep I use.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused

Thanks for that Richard!
Did you get charged VAT or is it a lottery?
Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #12
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Thanks for that Richard!
Did you get charged VAT or is it a lottery?
I'm in the US, so I don't know. Their FAQ says only:

Q: Do you ship outside the United States?
A: Yes, we ship products internationally. We will have to declare your order's actual value on customs forms, and will NOT be able to label it as a gift or return. You are responsible for all duties and taxes that may be applicable to a delivery outside the USA. Removing the product from the United States may void all warranties. You can place an order with your international credit card directly on our site, or contact our sales department to discuss prepayment by bank wire.

...so I'd guess the answer is "Yes"?

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote