Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #106
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Isn't there any contraception for dragons?
Yours seem to breed a lot.

Fertile brood ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #107
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Yep, they're fertile alright. Especially those Valentine's dragons.

Qiu Qi Zi ("Autumn Banner") expected to settle down with his childhood sweetheart, the magi dragon Xiao Wu Shi ("Little Maga") . Imagine his surprise to find himself responding to the flirtations of Mei Xin Xin ("Beautiful Little Heart")! Their brief relationship produced one frill egg , but Mei Xin Xin is only fertile in late winter. Will Xiao Wu Shi still accept Qiu Qi Zi now?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #108
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
This is better than any soap opera
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #109
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you think I need to introduce a dastardly villain? Mei Xin Xin doesn't mean any harm, she's just full of love (and whatever the dragon equivalent of estrogen is). Maybe Xiao Hui Yun ("Little Gray Cloud") needs to be out there deliberately trying to rain on peoples' parades or something.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #110
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
He could set himself up as some kind of chaperone, raining on dragon pairings he disapproves to dampen their emotions?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #111
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Are there any gay, lesbian or bi dragons?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #112
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Oh, is there ever, girlfriend! Don't get me started!

Cheers,
Marc (Drag name: Rizky Leather)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #113
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

why stop there ?

why not include incestuous, x-dressers and blood-suckers ...
Old 02-23-2009, 07:48 AM   #114
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Hey, I was only wondering whether the surplus eggs from Neko's dragons could be adopted by a same-sex dragon partnership., or even a single-parent dragon.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #115
GeoffC

Quote:
Hey, I was only wondering whether the surplus eggs from Neko's dragons could be adopted by a same-sex dragon partnership., or even a single-parent dragon.

wouldn't surplus eggs make a grand omlette? (not that I'd be anyway tempted)
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #116
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
wouldn't surplus eggs make a grand omlette? (not that I'd be anyway tempted)
That's Nate's position on them...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #117
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That's Nate's position on them...

What !

he's sitting on them to hatch ....
Old 02-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #118
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Possibly, but they don't lay eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
why stop there ?

why not include incestuous, x-dressers and blood-suckers ...
You think you're kidding, don't you? In fact, the matter of incest regularly comes up on the forums at Dragon Cave, with many people getting quite worked up about it. And there was a Vampire dragon at Halloween, that could only reproduce by biting an egg and injecting venom into it. (I don't have any of those, I wasn't playing the game yet.)

Quote:
Well, from my point of view, yes. But from the game's point of view, the limit is based on how many eggs I have, and the number of dragons I have is irrelevant; I can only have up to 5 eggs, and a total of up to 9 eggs and hatchlings (I think). Which I suppose sort of makes sense from a game mechanics point of view, or egg hoarding would spiral exponentially once players got going.

But I think I'll let my other Valentine dragon adopt the next egg I get from the Cave.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:38 AM   #119
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

So, having successfully seen one egg that "rolled out of the nest" and wasn't adopted by anyone through to adulthood I thought... there's an idea. And so Jian Xin Xin ("Delicate Little Heart"), having missed the breeding season for Valentine's Day dragons, went out into the Dragon Wilderness and found an abandoned hatchling to adopt.

I won't be able to name or breed "adopted" hatchlings, and they won't show up on my official "scroll," but it'll be fun anyway.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #120
GeoffC

steady on Neko - you are approaching 5000 posts.....