Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #826
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by khazaddum View Post
Does this disable the effect of Commands such as ;ReadingTimeReset ?
They are not working anymore, can't figure out why.
Have you had a firmware upgrade done to the machine OTA by Amazon?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #827
khazaddum
Enthusiast
khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Have you had a firmware upgrade done to the machine OTA by Amazon?
Yes, before jailbreaking
Did the latest update eliminate those functions?
khazaddum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2014, 02:21 AM   #828
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry - Crystal Ball is off-line here - Can not see over your shoulder or channel into your mind.

What firmware version did you have before the ota update and what version do you have now?
Old 04-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #829
khazaddum
Enthusiast
khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Sorry - Crystal Ball is off-line here - Can not see over your shoulder or channel into your mind.

What firmware version did you have before the ota update and what version do you have now?
I had 5.4.0
Now I have 5.4.2.1
khazaddum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #830
phoenix_pl
phoenix_pl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
How to find out if my Kindle PW2 was jailbroken?

I follow instruction, unpack the jailbreak to root folder of my PW2 (3 files), run an update and finally I got the '***** JAILBREAK *****' message on the bottom of the screen.
However when later on I closed my PW2 and opened it again the '***** JAILBREAK *****' message is not any-longer displayed within 'Settings' menu.

Because of that how can I check if my PW2 is jailbroken?
phoenix_pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #831
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_pl View Post
How to find out if my Kindle PW2 was jailbroken?

I follow instruction, unpack the jailbreak to root folder of my PW2 (3 files), run an update and finally I got the '***** JAILBREAK *****' message on the bottom of the screen.
However when later on I closed my PW2 and opened it again the '***** JAILBREAK *****' message is not any-longer displayed within 'Settings' menu.
Correct, it was just a one-time confirmation message.

Quote:
It is,
only some of the firmware updates from Amazon will un-jailbreak it.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #832
phoenix_pl
phoenix_pl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Quote:
It is,
only some of the firmware updates from Amazon will un-jailbreak it.
I believe you but is there any way to check it?

Folder structure (when connected via usb) seems to be exactly the same (I did not have yet USBNetwork installed)
phoenix_pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #833
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
Can jailbreak add "contrast" and "landscape view" features in web browser mode (PW2 5.4.3)? I think these two missing features can be very useful. contrast in browser is set to be normal and there is no option to increase it.
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #834
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
I believe you but is there any way to check it?

Folder structure (when connected via usb) seems to be exactly the same (I did not have yet USBNetwork installed)
Try to run a hack.

The jailbreak does nothing but install one file, an update verification certificate, to the hidden KindleOS partition, allowing other stuff to be used which DO have noticeable effects.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #835
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Try to run a hack.
More specifically, try to install one of our MR packages.
If the added certificate is no longer present, you will not be allowed to run the "Update Your Kindle" in the settings menu.

(Make sure you are trying a package intended for your kindle model, they are both "model locked" and "signed". Here you just want to check the "signed" portion of the requirements.)
Old 04-08-2014, 04:48 AM   #836
pantera10684
Enthusiast
pantera10684 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
My Device is PW2 5.4.3 , which jailbreak & KUAL etc i have to install? what is the procedure?
pantera10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #837
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera10684 View Post
My Device is PW2 5.4.3 , which jailbreak & KUAL etc i have to install? what is the procedure?
Read the directions in the first post of each of those threads.

That includes opening any "spoilers" and reading them.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #838
pantera10684
Enthusiast
pantera10684 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
where we will use Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.9.N_install ? why this file exists in archive?
pantera10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #839
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera10684 View Post
where we will use Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.9.N_install ? why this file exists in archive?
Attachment names are limited by the site software; plus
Lower bandwidth requirement.
We actual do know what we are doing at this site.

Just read and follow the directions.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #840
bookzLove
bookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enoughbookzLove will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW1
Hi I have a jailbreak Kindle PW1 v5.3.9 is it okay to update to v5.4.4 also do I have to uninstall kual first ? & do I have to install the v1.9N jailbreak after updating to v5.4.4 ?

well I found that after updating you have to install everythin again.

Last edited by bookzLove; 04-09-2014 at 07:16 AM.
bookzLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch