Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
mersault
mersault began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-950SC
DJVU to PDF but not as a lot of images

Hi,

I have a djvu file in which I can select words, copy etc I Mean there are not a lot of images. I want to convert this djvu to a pdf file trying to maintain the selectable word capability. I have tried several djvu-2-pdf converters but all of them work in the same way: Convert the djvu to images and then print them all into a PDF file (a big size PDF).
Do you know about a converter for djvu files that could make what I want (print as a document not as an image)?

Best regards.
mersault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is possible to get the text out of a djvu document but you would lose all the formatting. Read about DJVU in our wiki and you will understand why you can't do what you want directly. You can also OCR the pages.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is possible to get the text out of a djvu document but you would lose all the formatting.

You can also OCR the pages.
Dale
One problem with the "text layer" in many DJVUs is that it contains mis-spellings and sometimes horrendous mangling of the text, caused by the original OCR. I've had some with entire pages of the text layer missing. Often o.k for the intended purpose of locating text in the main layer but needs massive work to get recover the "original" text.

Re-OCRing the pages might produce better results but that will depend on the quality of the images that make up the DJVU.

I have done a couple of these ( building FB2 and EPUB rather than PDF but the principle is the same) and I can say it is not a job for the faint-hearted - there is an awful lot of manual work needed.

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 09-24-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Minor clarification
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
maybe try djview4?

jim
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Floghi
Floghi began at the beginning.

Device: M92 onyx boox
Just use SumatraPDF reader to open your file,
then save as pdf format,

that's done a well pdf file
cu