Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #76
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
This is the greatest work of fiction I've encountered since my first viewing of Plan 9 From Outer Space. What great dialog! What mind expanding ideas! "David told Bud, you know our planet must look pretty good from 135 million light years away." How true! It's hard to imagine anything to compare with Earth within such a radius. And what drama! Can you imagine how Earth's inhabitants felt after discovering a meteor 10 kilometers in diameter was going to miss the earth, only to be threatened by the knowledge that it was on course to strike the sun! OMG! OMG! This guy is a great writer! 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue must be in mourning that he is no longer available to council presidents and other high ranking officials, but their loss is our gain! I read a quarter of the book last night before going to bed, and I can't wait to read the rest.

"But I do teach astronomy in high school and I have been into astrology for about 20 years."
~ David Braymer, Protagonist Extraordinaire.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-17-2017 at 02:16 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #77
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^

So true! So true!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:40 AM   #78
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Since Halloween is fast approaching, I thought it time to revisit the immortal work of Dale M. Courtney:

Reading 'Moon People' is like having a wart removed from a nether region hidden under numerous folds of fatty flesh. (Not that there's anything wrong with fatty flesh!)

Too, Courtney's mastery of the English language is frightening. Forget books about zombies: This book needs no brains! That would only confuse things.

This book has been called many things, but keep in mind that Mobileread is a 'family-friendly' site. One reviewer calls it a "masterpiece". He goes on to say that things such as 'plot' and 'tense' are simply thrown out. I imagine that would be like flushing the toilet, but putting the used toilet paper in the bathroom's trash, like they do in Peru. (I've lived here almost 12 years.)

If you want an out-of-this-world experience, then I can heartily recommend this 'book', but only if you have access to emergency care.

There is one sex scene - BUT NOT TO WORRY - since the author has obviously never seen a woman naked.

This excerpt will encourage you to read more or to throw up:

Chapter 1

"This Story Begins on a beautiful sunny day in Daytona Beach Florida with a man by the name of David Braymer. A 45-year-old single man that works at the local high school as a science teacher. He also teaches astronomy in the 12-grade level. Now he has been at this school for about 5 years. David has become somewhat partial to a young lady by the name of Cheral Baskel, a local restaurant owner in Daytona Beach Florida. At the moment, Cheral is preparing her restaurant for another shuttle launch at the Cape. Everyone always gathers at her place because you can see the launch real good there. It is right on the water and its real close to the Cape. She always decks the place out right before a launch too. David always goes to cheral’s place before work every morning for breakfast because it is on his way to his school. He has never missed a shuttle launch at Cheral’s place since he‘s been at his school. David was not always a teacher. Before he was a teacher, he use to work for the government for U.F.O. research about five years ago. He didn’t like the job that much because he was always bored. He really wanted to teach anyway and when the job at the school came up, he grabbed it. Today is also Oct.27 in the year 2048."
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #79
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Dale continues to give me hope about my writing.

I couldn't be this bad.

Thank you, Dale, wherever you are (and wherever that is, please stay there).
skb is offline   Reply With Quote