Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 01-17-2023, 05:35 PM   #1
hk4fun
hk4fun began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Viso, Kindle Keybord 3g, Kindle Touch, Kindle DX
Tolino Vision bricked?

hi,
I got a Tolino Visio which is stuck at the Tolino logo. I can boot intro recovery but I cannot wipe and/or recovery the system, is failing with:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

I was able to connect to serial port and see the u-boot. I've attached the startup log from u-boot.

Any idea what I can do to restore it from SD card or from u-boot? One idea is to use some Kobo Aura tutorials to try to boot the os from external SD card, but no idea if it will work, and which image to restore on the card, and where to get them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4117.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	199103

u-boot.txt
hk4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 06:10 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk4fun View Post
I got a Tolino Visio which is stuck at the Tolino logo.
Which Tolino?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 03:32 AM   #3
hk4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Which Tolino?
Tolino Vision 1
Old 01-22-2023, 07:55 AM   #4
hk4fun

I've tired to boot intro fastboot but I am getting unrecognised device under windows. If I put it in download_mode under u-boot, the usb is recognised as Freescale. Any other ideas what to try?
Old 01-25-2023, 07:28 PM   #5
hk4fun

I was able to use fastboot:

1. connect over UART to computer and stop boot sequence by pressing enter until you see:
eBR-1A #
2. type download_mode
this will put the device in download mode and it will be recognised by computer as Freescale i.MX6
3. clone and compile https://github.com/boundarydevices/imx_usb_loader
4. download the correct version of u-boot from tolino website https://opensource.mytolino.com/open...tolino-vision/
5. after compilation of imx_usb_loader run:
sudo ./imx_usb u-boot.bin
open another terminal and prepare to send this command and another terminal with UART connection
6. after you send the new u-boot will boot there so prepare to stop the boot process from UART
7. run command fastboot
now you are in fastboot

from this point I was able to load twrp. So I am close to bring my Vision back to life.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:39 AM   #6
hk4fun

After fastboot download the restore image from here. My tolino vision is restore and is works.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:28 PM   #7
aleks993
aleks993 began at the beginning.

Device: Visio
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk4fun View Post
I was able to use fastboot:
1. connect over UART to computer and stop boot sequence by pressing enter until you see:
eBR-1A #
2. type download_mode
this will put the device in download mode and it will be recognised by computer as Freescale i.MX6
3. clone and compile https://github.com/boundarydevices/imx_usb_loader
4. download the correct version of u-boot from tolino website https://opensource.mytolino.com/open...tolino-vision/
5. after compilation of imx_usb_loader run:
sudo ./imx_usb u-boot.bin
open another terminal and prepare to send this command and another terminal with UART connection
6. after you send the new u-boot will boot there so prepare to stop the boot process from UART
7. run command fastboot
now you are in fastboot
from this point I was able to load twrp. So I am close to bring my Vision back to life.
step 2
after download_mode command, uart response with reseting... and nothing
I have a similar problem as you, after the update the file remained on my memory and device is bootlooped

any advice would be great

board is 37nb-e60q30+4a3
aleks993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 01:47 PM   #8
hk4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks993 View Post
step 2
after download_mode command, uart response with reseting... and nothing
I have a similar problem as you, after the update the file remained on my memory and device is bootlooped

any advice would be great

board is 37nb-e60q30+4a3
post the uart output
Old 01-11-2024, 04:35 AM   #9
grmon
grmon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Keyboard, Tolino Vision 6
Moingiorno,

I'm a bit desperate and grateful for any help or ideas.

My Vision 6 suddenly wouldn't turn on, but recovered after I connected it to a Windows 11 laptop. I was then able to install the KOreader without root. For about a week it has hardly responded and I had to wait forever for a book to open.

Quote:
tolino does not respond. [Exit] [Wait]
So booted into recovery without success, when I then wanted to install the update.zip via OpenMTP, copying failed and in the (factory) recovery always came up

Quote:
failed to format /cache
I successfully wrote v6-15.3.0-16gb-root-m23016.img to a new microSD, the old one could not even be cloned. Now the Vision no longer responds at all, but is recognized as an unknown device in Windows. Charging no longer works either, just testing the original cable and power supply. I'm afraid it's dead, please help me.

Thank you.
grmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 04:48 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmon View Post
I'm a bit desperate and grateful for any help or ideas.
Clean the SD slot and somewhere there is a 64GB image at allesebook.de
Old 01-15-2024, 04:03 AM   #11
grmon
grmon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Keyboard, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Clean the SD slot and somewhere there is a 64GB image at allesebook.de
Thanks so much, blowing out the slot with compressed air worked. I also found a 64 and a 32 GB image on allesebook, but unfortunately balenaetcher shows the image as to big 31.9 for the SDs (tried 2 already) being 31.7 gigs…

grmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 02:12 PM   #12
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmon View Post
Thanks so much, blowing out the slot with compressed air worked. I also found a 64 and a 32 GB image on allesebook, but unfortunately balenaetcher shows the image as to big 31.9 for the SDs (tried 2 already) being 31.7 gigs…
There is no problem with a 32 GB image and a 64 GB card.