Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #61
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
My Gen3 is still the best reading device for mobile using. I love my DX for inside reading but its much to bulky and even the K2 is a little bit to heave to be comfortable over several hours.

I love the Gen3 for its weight and the fact that i was able to choose if i want a mobi support or an epub. That was a killer feature for me.

I never had any bad experience with it an just 4 or 5 hangups in several years of using it now.

And i really don't take much care of it, i throw it into my bag, i use it in direct sunlight for hours, i use it with "suncreme fingers" and even put it in spooky so called waterproof plastic bags and take it with me in to the pool bar.

So if i have to rate it its maybe not my most loved reader but when it comes to facts (usability, price, handling, etc.) its the best.

I nearly ever posted about that (dunno why) but maybe thats why people think bookeen is not much loved. Their readers maybe just do what they were build for

People showing up here and beeing angry about late updates are more vocal by nature.
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #62
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
They are pretty old news (april)
yes but they illustrate that there is a very real problem with Sipix displays- Including with the brand you mentioned. It is being resolved but its real and kept products from launching.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #63
sorinxdx
sorinxdx began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
I just checked the booken site and it's not showing yet. Anyone know when it's due to appear?
sorinxdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #64
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Last dates we where told are July for france. (And maybe europe too, not sure)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Last dates we where told are July for france. (And maybe europe too, not sure)
are you sure ? from the interview we saw with him i had the impression it was more likely to be closer to september, but they would try for july if possible. i don't think it will be ready in july...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #66
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
yes but they illustrate that there is a very real problem with Sipix displays- Including with the brand you mentioned. It is being resolved but its real and kept products from launching.
I never heard problem from BenQ nor BenQ users of their eBooks device. I don't say that there is no problem, but only that the problem they speak about may be not that much important
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #67
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Some news...well some new pictures at least ? (saw it on http://www.ebouquin.fr/ I have to say)

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...48008348554231

Both links are in French, but to sum up :
Size : 125,7mm x 189,49mm x 7,6mm (must be one of the thinnest so far)
Weight : 245g (8,6oz)
Screen : 6", 600x800 pixels, 167 dpi, 16 gray levels

Something I don't understand : on facebook they say the screen is very fast / reactive, but the CES video shows something more like a "regular" eink screen. I thought Sipix was more or less a modified LCD screen, so I wondered how comes it was that slow on the CES videos ?

Edit : I missed the english version of the facebook post :

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...48009038554162

Last edited by Papi; 08-27-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This info was on their blog also...

http://bookeen.com/blog/

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #69
dcptcons4evr
Avid Reader
dcptcons4evr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
the screen looks too small
dcptcons4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:33 AM   #70
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmmm ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:56 AM   #71
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcptcons4evr View Post
the screen looks too small
It's a 6"
Old 08-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #72
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
It's not the size that matters, it's the technique.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #73
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
It's not the size that matters, it's the technique.
Well, the most important thing is for you to believe it. Is your ego feeling better if you keep repeating this as your Mantra everyday ?

Seriously now, what is will the Orizon bring that the Bebook Neo or the Onyx does not have ? Looks very similar to me, and sincerely, a bit late. Bookeen could have had an interesting thing here... 6 months ago.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #74
EowynCarter
Wizard

Choice is good Look at say, Opus and PB360. They are close in term of function, but some prefer one, some like the other better

And unlike the neo, i will be able to go in a shop to see and test the orizon if I want to
Old 08-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #75
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Choice is good Look at say, Opus and PB360. They are close in term of function, but some prefer one, some like the other better

And unlike the neo, i will be able to go in a shop to see and test the orizon if I want to
Eowyn, you are so predictable, really dear, it's getting boring now ....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote