Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I killed Steinbeck and left Finch in a hospital with a bullet hole in his head in a story I wrote called "His Master's Gun". So there'll be no more, unless Steinbeck comes back from the dead or...God knows!
i haven't read that one, therefore as far as i'm concerned it doesn't exist, therefore Steinbeck and Finch are both in perfect health. :sheesh:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Prequel!

Jeez - you writers, no imagination

LOL He's right you know!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
LOL He's right you know!
seriously !!!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #34
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
LOL He's right you know!
Or just start the next book with him coming out of the shower saying, "My, that was a vivid dream".

If it was good enough for Dallas.....
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #35
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Second pass of the Sleeping Lessons cover. I think this one fits the tone of the book a lot more
Oooooo, I like this one. It seems to be less scary than the first one.

Quote:
No problems It's all just playing about. There's little likelihood that this thing will see the light of day anyway.
Nooooo, I was really looking forward to reading your new stories!

Quote:
Jack Higgins the thriller writer, he wrote The Eagle Has Landed. He's my dad's favourite writer, and he's also responsible for my dad's favourite fictional character - IRA hitman and rogue turned British Agent; Sean Dillon. I'm getting my dad the full run of Sean Dillon in Hardback for X-Mas (at least I'm trying to).
He is one of my son's favorite writers also. He has been collecting them since high school and also loves them because of Sean Dillon.

Quote:
So I'm thinking about going back to where I began; with thrillers, with mysteries and sleuths and all the rest.

Curse you Jack Higgins you magnificent bastard!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, that sounds brilliant ! perhaps we'll get the next Sam Luka story then ? wonderful !!! i think Elliot Finch and Steinbeck definitely have the makings of immortality !!

...but you can still publish your nano stuff too.
Yes! More Sam Luka!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #36
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
i haven't read that one, therefore as far as i'm concerned it doesn't exist, therefore Steinbeck and Finch are both in perfect health. :sheesh:
Here's the last bit from "His Master's Gun". (I'm doing this from memory because I destroyed the story along with everything else )

--------------------------------------

They were dead. Everyone I loved, had loved was gone and all in one stinking, blood soaked night.

Soon I'd join them.

The bullet had missed the spine and lodged deep in my brain. Too hard too take out the Docs told me. I'd get another five years if I didn't move too much.

That wasn't living.

Dressed, I heeled it out of the hospital toward a fine, fog-free San-Francisco morning. I never did say goodbye to the docs. Never did sign that sheet out front.

Somewhere on the lost and empty streets of the city, a dog barked.

But it wasn't my dog.

And never would be.

-----------------------------
Old 11-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Yes! More Sam Luka!
you know, i *would* say "i sense a miraculous resurrection" but like i said, i really don't know what you're talking about with this "dead" nonsense.

Quote:
Here's the last line from "His Master's Gun".

--------------------------------------

-----------------------------
what's the visual equivalent of shouting "LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU" ?

seriously though, that story, if it even exists (i haven't read it...), could happen 250 years in the future for all i know. i'm sure Finch has a very long and full life in between, which i would love to hear about.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #38
Moejoe
Banned

I'm just too flighty! I should pick one thing and just do that, or maybe not.....ooh a butterfly (runs away chasing a butterlfy)...
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I'm just too flighty! I should pick one thing and just do that, or maybe not.....ooh a butterfly (runs away chasing a butterlfy)...
i think you're just thinking too hard about it all at the moment.

anyway, write whatever you're in the mood to write ; i think we'll all be happy to read it.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #40
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Click image for larger version

Name:	butterfly.gif
Views:	263
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	40035

Quote:
i think you're just thinking too hard about it all at the moment.

anyway, write whatever you're in the mood to write ; i think we'll all be happy to read it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:34 AM   #41
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Second pass of the Sleeping Lessons cover. I think this one fits the tone of the book a lot more
Dude, this one is scary. Getting too many "Japanese horror movie" vibes from this cover.

With the long, black hair stuff. Definitly need you to make a cover for me if I ever getting around to finish my novel
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote