Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #61
acastillo
Enthusiast
acastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-booksacastillo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505, Apple iPad
Hopefully Mobileread will review the Que for us

Although I have ZERO chance of getting the Que before Jan. 7, 2010 (which is the date Plastic Logic will tell us when the Que will be available), the FAQ does have contact information for media interested in requesting review units.

Perhaps someone with media ties will post to MobileRead and gives a good review.

Can I get a demo or test unit or be a beta tester?
We are not accepting QUE beta testers. QUE Demo or QUE test units are not available at this time. Sign up to receive QUE News Alerts for the latest information as soon as it is available. Media interested in requesting QUE review units should contact bettyt (at) Krause-taylor (dot) com.
acastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:56 AM   #62
HeartedHoof
HeartedHoof began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600. Que, when it comes out
I've put the Que in my "must get, price be damned" category (looks perfect for keeping all the journal pdfs I need for work in one place at last, might even encourage me to read more). The only other feature I'd wish for (not sure if it's already supported) is to be able to transfer annotations to and from the desktop (preferably linux, but I'd settle for win support at first) so that I can seamlessly continue reading between home and work (might not always bring the Que in).

I just hope that initial sales aren't restricted to the US (like the Kindle) and that folks in other countries such as Australia can get one without jumping through extra hoops...

Last edited by HeartedHoof; 10-27-2009 at 02:04 AM.
HeartedHoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #63
TheRealBillc
evangelist
TheRealBillc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700 deceased now 950
It will be sold in B&N stores

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 27, 2009 – Plastic Logic and Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller, today announced that QUE™ (pronounced "Q"), the first proReader designed for business professionals, will be sold through Barnes & Noble’s nationwide network of stores and online at Barnes & Noble.com (http://www.bn.com).

The distribution agreement marks an expansion of the relationship between the two companies. Earlier this year, Plastic Logic and Barnes & Noble announced a strategic partnership through which Barnes & Noble will power the online store for QUE, which is coming in 2010 (information can be found at http://www.QUEreader.com). QUE will also be featured near the recently announced nook™, the Barnes & Noble eBook reader, on free-standing displays with signage offering Barnes & Noble customers choice based on their reading needs.
TheRealBillc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #64
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
ok im standing in line at b and n right now. waiting for the q.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #65
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
ok im standing in line at b and n right now. waiting for the q.
Uh, dude. It's going to be a long winter.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #66
merik21
merik21 began at the beginning.

Device: want the IREX DR800SG
Here's some info on the processor that the Que will be using.

The Armada 166E includes an integrated electrophorescent (EPD) controller based on E Ink technology, says Marvell. The SoC offers "ultra-fast renderings of high-resolution PDF documents and support for the latest e-paper technologies in new smaller, slimmer form factors with lower system cost," says the company.

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c/a...l-Armada-166E/
merik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #67
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
EPD actually stands for "electrophorectic".
And they want to use a just-announced processor? Then I won't expect it before Q3 2010.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #68
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
EPD actually stands for "electrophorectic".
And they want to use a just-announced processor? Then I won't expect it before Q3 2010.
The processor is the Armada 100 which is not just announced. The SoC is just announced and that is easy to implement, probably already done.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote