Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Eliab
Eliab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ebook
Converting e-reader secured books to sony format

Hello,

I am a new Sony e-reader owner, and did the most unfortunate thing and bought e-reader secured books (well they were on discount) without realising that it was going to be a process to convert them into the sony format.

But I have a problem I don't know how to convert them or what software to use to convert them.

Can someone please help me convert these books if it is possible.

Thanks
E
Eliab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See eReader Decoder Tool. Calibre can format shift practically any DRM-free format for your Sony.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
You know, there's a HUGE amount of great information on this board. I can now use both ereader2html, mobidedrm, and Calibre. (Most of my books are in eReader or .prc format, and I've been worried what to do about them for the future.)

And today I sat down and figured out why the quotations marks and some other punctuation were making my most recent file conversion look funky. I actually edited an html file and MY COMPUTER DIDN'T EXPLODE! And the new .lrf file looks MUCH better than the old one did.

So I'm chuffed, and very thankful that this resource is here.
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I do that conversion all the time.

Also, and I'm not sure why this is the case, I find it works better to go ereader2html=>calibre edit the html for things like quotation marks, apostrophes and dashes then html=>epub epub=>lrf.

Just my two cents.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
For those of you with punctuation issues in your conversions from eReader format, have you tried entering "cp1252" in the "Source Encoding" field of the "Look and Feel" menu in Calibre?

I haven't had to do any recoding of my eReader2html results since I found that.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
For those of you with punctuation issues in your conversions from eReader format, have you tried entering "cp1252" in the "Source Encoding" field of the "Look and Feel" menu in Calibre?

I haven't had to do any recoding of my eReader2html results since I found that.

Interesting! I'll give that a try
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote