Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-31-2016, 06:40 AM   #1
Spuggyface
Spuggyface began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire gen 3
Question Finding What Books are Missing from a series

Does anyone know of plug in that will go through my database of books and fo the following

Go through all the Database and check if series marker is true

if series is clear then ignore it.

If it is true then it checks the series count for the lowest and Highest number to see if there are any gaps in the series number.

if no gaps then ignore that series

If there is a gap to then log the Author and Series title and which volume it is/ or create an empty record and show it

Spuggyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
Spuggyface
Spuggyface began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire gen 3

Forget this post just found the plug in to quality check the details and this does what i have asked for
Spuggyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
bookiebabe
bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookiebabe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Zenpad
Hey Spuggyface,

Wondered if you might share your plug-in you found? Sounds like just what I need.

Had no idea this was possible until I found your post. My current strategy consists of falling in love with series, managing series in Calibre to the current published book in series, then forgetting about it, until years later I wonder what author is up to and do search for new books in series on Goodreads. Somewhat lacking, as a concept.

Thanks so much for great idea!

Rachel
bookiebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=125428
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
missing books, series