Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #31
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
what about my iPad 1? don't I have to use iTunes for that? even if I want to load a kindle book on it?
Can't you use Dropbox, or even http transfer with an app like good reader?
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
Can't you use Dropbox, or even http transfer with an app like good reader?
That's not sideloading, but yes. As has been mentioned already,
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The word "sideloading" means "transferring via USB". I know you can email files to Amazon, but that - by definition - is not sideloading.
It is much easier than uploading books to dropbox and then downloading into your iPad.
You could also run a localhost server and navigate to your book folder in the web browser. Also a pain.
The one built into calibre works too, but bizarrely, not everyone uses calibre and anyway, it's still annoying to have to download your books through the web browser just to transfer it to a device 2 feet away.

This discussion is about finding a device that doesn't make it a godawful pain to put your own books on it, hence the sideloading.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert