Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
shel
shel is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Changing a book's name

Folks-

How can I change the displayed name of a book? Specifically, this is a .mobi file on a Kindle 3.

I downloaded to my PC and transferred by USB the "CIA Factbook 2010" in MOBI format from the Gutenberg Project. I've done this with many other books without problems. The Factbook shows up on my Kindle just fine, but its title is shown as "No Title." Given that it's from the CIA, this is a pretty good giggle, but I'd like to have a better title.

Suggestions not involving black helicopters solicited.

-Shel
shel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool calibre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel View Post
Folks-

How can I change the displayed name of a book? Specifically, this is a .mobi file on a Kindle 3.

I downloaded to my PC and transferred by USB the "CIA Factbook 2010" in MOBI format from the Gutenberg Project. I've done this with many other books without problems. The Factbook shows up on my Kindle just fine, but its title is shown as "No Title." Given that it's from the CIA, this is a pretty good giggle, but I'd like to have a better title.

Suggestions not involving black helicopters solicited.

-Shel
calibre
calibre forum
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
rename mobi cia