Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Why does Amazon remove a Kindle book?

I have the book Swan Song by Robert McCammon on my Kindle, purchased it in February 2010 and I recommended it to a friend but it's no longer offered in Kindle version. Does anybody know why books are removed like that? Is there hope that it will be returned?
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
It's probably not Amazon that decided to no longer offer it; more likely the publisher decided to pull the Kindle version for whatever reason.
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
It's going to be available next month in Kindle format (according to comments on Amazon). Maybe the copy you bought was an unauthorized ebook?
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdgarris View Post
It's probably not Amazon that decided to no longer offer it; more likely the publisher decided to pull the Kindle version for whatever reason.
Absolutely right - it's publishers who pull books, not Amazon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
I can think of several reasons (but they're all just guesses):
  • The initial Kindle version is so poorly formatted it drags down the book's rating overall.
  • The publisher is coming out with a new edition or version of the book or of the Kindle version of the book.
  • The publisher has a scheme that calls for no Kindle version of the book be available, at least for some period of time (e.g. so as not to cut into sales of a pbook edition).
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Amazon will pull books that have a lot of formatting errors.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
It's going to be available next month in Kindle format (according to comments on Amazon). Maybe the copy you bought was an unauthorized ebook?
I bought this ebook from Amazon and it's still in my Archives, I don't think it's an unauthorized ebook.

And to address other comments, the copy I have was not full of formatting errors or anything.

I'm glad to hear it's coming back...hopefully.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I bought this ebook from Amazon and it's still in my Archives, I don't think it's an unauthorized ebook.

And to address other comments, the copy I have was not full of formatting errors or anything.

I'm glad to hear it's coming back...hopefully.
It's not available anywhere else. Pocket Books *had* the publishing rights although I don't believe they do now. Pocket Books is owned by Simon & Schuster. His most recent book is published in print and digitally by Subterranean Press. Hopefully, they will be the ones to re-publish the ebook. You get to keep your copy of Swan Song for re-download...it was legally sold to you.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
PG4003
Addict

Thanks, Tim. He has some books that look like something I would want to read, but he needs to get them published as ebooks! Don't they know that Kindle owners are usually voracious readers?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
Thanks, Tim. He has some books that look like something I would want to read, but he needs to get them published as ebooks! Don't they know that Kindle owners are usually voracious readers?
Tweet him...tell him to get moving!
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote