Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Apk source when no Android Market available ?

Since not every tablet has Android Market access, where do you get your apks from ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:07 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Since not every tablet has Android Market access, where do you get your apks from ?
Scenario 1: For example from here: http://m.box.net/view_shared/93t5vc7np8
Scenario 2: If someone has installed the app, he can do a backup. This in the backup generated .apk file can be used for re-installation.
You need some kind of file manager on your Android unit though.
Scenario 3: There are separate market apps. If you find a way to install one of these, you have your market in place.

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-19-2010 at 04:13 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Scenario 1: For example from here: http://m.box.net/view_shared/93t5vc7np8
Scenario 2: If someone has installed the app, he can do a backup. This in the backup generated .apk file can be used for re-installation.
You need some kind of file manager on your Android unit though.
Dahlin'... can't access page 2 of the box link
Old 11-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Dahlin'... can't access page 2 of the box link
Same here. Not my page ;-)
Found it here in some thread.
Are you looking for any specific app?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #5
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Same here. Not my page ;-)
Found it here in some thread.
Are you looking for any specific app?
Nothing specific apart from the various reader apks (kindle, barnes, kobo, aldiko and so on) which I really would like to be able to compare, some different browsers maybe if it is possible to use them, email apks. The usual thing, nothing too specific really. Still need the android device anyway, but sources might be useful for other Mobileread members.
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #6
oorwullie
oorwullie doesn't litteroorwullie doesn't litteroorwullie doesn't litter

Device: acer all in one,acer a500 nexus7 palm tungsten kindlekb
Quote:
try these

http://download.pandaapp.com/?app=so...roller=android

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android

http://slideme.org/

http://www.androlib.com/

http://mobile.butterscotch.com/Mobile/Android/

you should get everything you want from these.
i then use dropbox to transfer to tablet.....hope this helps
oorwullie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Thanks oorwullie for the links.

This thread should be a sticky
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I have created a page for app downloads on my site http://www.dulinsbooks.com/android-apps Most have been tried by me on the PocketBook IQ but a couple still have not. I need a working youtube apk if anyone has one and a nook app. i installed a nook apk that pretends to work then crashes
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Hi mgmueller !

How do you do a backup, in order to find the .apk files ?
I want to install Kobo Books Reader in the Android emulator on my PC (I want to check my epubs without to plug/synchronise my phone).
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasR View Post
Hi mgmueller !

How do you do a backup, in order to find the .apk files ?
I want to install Kobo Books Reader in the Android emulator on my PC (I want to check my epubs without to plug/synchronise my phone).
For example "App Control" from Android market.
Reader apps can be downloaded from Dulin's books and other sources as well.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

except that page is currently down because of a glitch with aback up.

it will be up again as soon as I can. I have an update to my cart software coming that I want to have finished before I rebuild the apps page.

Ill post the corerect link when i have it done
Old 11-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks, Dulin!
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
...I need a working youtube apk if anyone has one and a nook app. i installed a nook apk that pretends to work then crashes
nook app and others easily can be downloaded from the regular market with a simple trick:
a.) You have to use VPN on your Android unit.
b.) You (at least I have to) have to take out your SIM as well.
Then you suddenly find the nook app in the market. #§"/($"$()§"? regional restrictions.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard

i have the youtube , nook and others now as well as unfettered accesses to the market

Ill have my list up again in a few days.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
How'd you get access to the Android Market? Is it the official Android Market?
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote