Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #76
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
This retailer is no longer in business...

Available at Diesel books!!! The covers haven't made it over yet, but the books are there!!!

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&template=search&templ atehead=&templatebody=&templatefoot=&limitcategory =&type=store&searchtype=efts&query=^efts.sql&q1=ma ria+e+schneider&index=default

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 03-01-2015 at 03:31 PM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #77
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't post often...part of it's the rules and part of it is that it's simply impossible to even find or follow certain authors in the forum.

So, at any rate, I want to let y'all know -- you can now sign up for email delivery of my blog if you're trying to keep up with me. On the left sidebar of my blog, there's a sign-up form. You can unsubscribe at any time. I blog a few times per week; the email won't go out more than once a day and won't happen at all if I don't post.

Please sign up if you're interested in keeping track of me. I've been asked about a newsletter that would come out when I have a new book--I'm trying this instead, mainly because it's automated. If you have feedback, by all means, let me know!

Blog:

www.BearMountainBooks.com
Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #78
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Thanks for stopping by the thread Jerry--you can probably start your own to talk about your books too!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #79
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Because there is a byline, I can't post this review about "The Sworde-Edge Blonde" by Alex Bledsoe in the reading groups. But if anyone is interested, I wrote a review for ebookworm.us:

http://www.ebookworm.us/2011/09/17/g...-alex-bledsoe/

I recommend the book with some caveats! Enjoy!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #80
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

My review of Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep is up on SpineTingler Magazine:

http://www.spinetinglermag.com/2011/...-estep-review/

Spinetingler publishes dark crime fiction (quite a bit darker than I usually read and a lot darker than I write). Estep's book is about an assassin though so the review fits in there quite well.

There's a short story by Stephen Rogers out there for free to give you some idea of what the magazine publishes (a little darker than I prefer, but it's got humor. Dark humor...):

http://www.spinetinglermag.com/2011/...phen-d-rogers/

Maria

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 09-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #81
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

I haven't updated this thread in a long time because I lost track of it. But there are new free short stories in the blog store (by myself and other authors as well. Just go to the blog store and scroll to near the bottom. The freebies start about 2/3rds of the way down. )

Check the front page of the blog for some great bargains--Patricia Briggs is on sale and Rhys Bowen has gone indie with her new series--and it's only 3.99 for the first book!

There's also guest reviews and some other sales!

Edited to add: The new Frank Tuttle book is out!!! Mini-review on the blog--I loved it, but then I haven't read a Tuttle yet that wasn't awesome!

Edited to add: There's also a great sale on Patricia Briggs, and a Rhys Bowen too. Some good sales going on this week!!! WOOT!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-16-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #82
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

For all you authors/cover artists out there (or those making their own Christmas cards?)

I asked depositphotos, my favorite stock art site, about holiday discounts and they said they don't usually do one! However, I sweet talked them into a ten percent off credits or subscription. To obtain: http://tracking.depositphotos.com/af...=4&aff_id=2615. When you land, enter this code: CS3798567 on this page: http://tracking.depositphotos.com/af....html%3Faff%3D

The discount is for 10 percent. The best deal is to buy a month long sub, download 5 pieces of artwork a day and arrange to your heart's content. This offer is only good through the end of December. Looks like I might be doing artwork over Christmas!

Remember if you buy a subscription -- it will automatically renew unless you cancel. The 30 day sub is awesome and what I usually buy. Then towards the end I cancel and wait until the next time I need artwork. You can download the purchased images for several months after your sub ends (I download right away, but that's just me.)

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-31-2014, 10:11 AM   #83
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

A new Sedona Short story done for Dru's Book Musings and to introduce Sedona to people who haven't met her yet!.

http://drusbookmusing.com/

Spread the word!

I'll be doing several giveaways at the blog in the coming weeks (or linking to giveaways done by other authors). An upcoming giveaway is for a subscription to SCRIBD. Sign up for the blog via email or follow the RSS feed on the blog so you don't miss a giveaway! I also spread the word via FB so you can follow me there if you prefer.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #84
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Okay, folks! The moment you've aaaaalll been waiting for (especially you Dr. Drib. I know you have been chewing your nails in anticipation.) COVER POLL for Ghost Shadow, book 4 in the Moon Shadow series!!! Vote for the cover that you like best!

Aaaaand, a giveaway of a FREE three month SCRIBD subscription (post right below the cover poll). Stop by. Bring cake, get cake!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #85
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

As you can probably guess from the updated avatar--Ghost Shadow is now available! Release date is now TUESDAY, Jan 27th!

Buy from my blog store:

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/store/

You get both the mobi and the epub version for the introductory price (2.99) which will be going up after the release.

It is also available on Kobobooks and Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shadow-M...r&tag=bearm-20

[Malicious browser hijacker link removed - MODERATOR]

Also available at Smashwords -- you need to use a coupon to get the discount! Here is the link and the coupon: FD46W

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view...rMountainBooks

It is available on Overdrive, SCRIBD (soon), Apple and B&N.

It is live on Google play with a discount:
https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=omBmBgAAQBAJ

On google play it is downloadable now in epub.

Maria

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-20-2015 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added google play
Old 03-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #86
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Test your cultural knowledge! Poll at the blog today. This is an easy one.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:45 AM   #87
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Dragons of Wendal has been nominated by review site, Books and Pals for a Readers Choice Award. So I blogged about it, of course. I'm not sure I'm allowed to copy the blog post and link to the voting here, but I'll start with that and change it if I'm told I can't link directly to Books and Pals!

Books and Pals been around since early days and has continued to produce quality reviews. Being nominated as one of their top reads of the year is WONDERFULLY THRILLING for me.

Of course, being nominated means there is work for you, the reader–because nominations mean that the books nominated need votes. Big Al and Pals makes it worth your while too. For every category you vote in, you’re entered into a prize drawing (some nice prizes too!) So if you are so inclined, please mosey on over and look for Dragons of Wendal in the young adult category…and vote for it!!!

(Scroll down to the “entry” fields for the giveaway. Log in (just means supply your email in case you win or use FB). Pull down the Young Adult category and you will see the list of books eligible for votes. Select one and you have one entry.)

http://booksandpals.blogspot.com/201...rs-choice.html

Check out the other nominations so long as you are over there and spread the word. Frank Tuttle’s latest has been nominated in the Fantasy category if you happen to read his Markhat series!

Mathew Iden's work is also listed (I think it was under mystery or thriller). I've read his first book in the series (A Reason to Live) and it was excellent. He's been picked up by a trad publisher, although I don't know if it is for this series or a new series.

Just had to share!!!!

Maria
Old 04-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #88
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

I just want to thank everyone who voted for Dragons of Wendal...we won!!!! WOOT. The Readers' Choice Awards were announced today and Dragons won! I'm thrilled. Thank you for voting.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:02 PM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I just want to thank everyone who voted for Dragons of Wendal...we won!!!! WOOT. The Readers' Choice Awards were announced today and Dragons won! I'm thrilled. Thank you for voting.
Well done. This one is going on my TBB (to be bought) pile.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #90
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well done. This one is going on my TBB (to be bought) pile.
Aw, thanks Jon. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!!!

WOOT!!!

Tags
cozy, fantasy, magic, mystery, short stories