Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #31
sellew
Enthusiast
sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Thanks. I'll need to look at that Clips code again - I'm pretty sure it works for me on Linux. Possibly a focus issue on certain OS's.

There are a few ways to apply clips. Can you test each one. For each one click in the NCX file, and then try Paste Clip in the Clips Editor; try Insert->Clip->clipname; try clicking on a button in the Clip Bar; try using the View->Clips window and selecting a clip; right-click on the NCX and select a Clip; and, almost forgot this one, click in the NCX and then use a clip shortcut (e.g. ctrl-alt-1).

@meme, the pasting clips bug that ElMiko has found in the NCX is exactly the same I found when working on the stylesheet (I reported it in the thread on the beta 0.6.902)
I've tried all the different ways of pasting clips that you listed in both the NCX and Stylesheet, and the result has been always the same: all work fine except selecting a clip in the Clips window.

Paste Clip in the Clips Editor
Insert->Clip->clipname
clicking on a button in the Clip Bar

View->Clips window and selecting a clip
right-click on the Stylesheet/NCX and select a Clip
click in the Stylesheet/NCX and then use a clip shortcut

In the HTML files all 6 ways of pasting clips work fine.

I'm working with Sigil 0.7 and my OS is win7 64bit.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #32
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellew View Post
@meme, the pasting clips bug that ElMiko has found in the NCX is exactly the same I found when working on the stylesheet (I reported it in the thread on the beta 0.6.902)
I've tried all the different ways of pasting clips that you listed in both the NCX and Stylesheet, and the result has been always the same: all work fine except selecting a clip in the Clips window.
In the HTML files all 6 ways of pasting clips work fine.
Thanks. I think the reason for it is obvious, now...
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #33
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thanks for your replies.

Quote:
@roger64 - is there anything that didn't work or wasn't clear about the build instructions?

Of course they were helpful and I did use them (your Sigil help epub) as well as Diap Dealer advices. But I felt the need for more. And yes, it will be good to separate build from the run.

1- Build part - As Qt5 is a big first for everybody, at least for linux distros, you maybe should comment a little more on this point. My Qt5 has been installed in the $HOME and the path location of the library has to be changed accordingly. This may seem obvious to you but I think it should deserve a line of comment to begin with (like: I suppose you binary install of Qt5 to be ...)

2- As you can see I had to complete the first paragraph to begin the build.
Code:
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$HOME/compilation/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/
3- Then, there is a creation of these /tmp locked folders (in $HOME and /). From where are they coming from? Are they necessary? For me this was totally unexpected. Can it be avoided?

4- Run part - I think a word is needed about the script and the library location: how long this will be necessary?

Quote:
And since you mention Spellchecking - how is this version working for you. The issue with apostrophes should be sorted out - well, at least better than it was hopefully.
I will comment on it a little later with pleasure.

Last edited by roger64; 02-19-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #34
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
@meme:
For the Linux build, what does the "-DFORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES=1" define in the cmake command do? I inadvertently built it without that define, and it seems to run fine. (Debian sid, with KDE).

Thanks for all your work!

Albert
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #35
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
@meme:
For the Linux build, what does the "-DFORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES=1" define in the cmake command do? I inadvertently built it without that define, and it seems to run fine. (Debian sid, with KDE).

Thanks for all your work!

Albert
Sigil bundles some libraries in its source repository, e.g. Boost, zlib, MiniZip, hunspell, PCRE.... etc; FORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES makes Sigil use those bundled libraries instead of using the system-provided libraries (if they're installed on your system).

For example if you have pcre-devel installed and build with -DFORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES=1, then Sigil will use the bundled pcre not the system-provided ones.
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #36
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
ABOUT SPELLCHECKING

Quote:
@roger64
And since you mention Spellchecking - how is this version working for you. The issue with apostrophes should be sorted out - well, at least better than it was hopefully.
To say it in a few words: it was a real pleasure to test it. The "list of mispelled words" is a killer feature which makes v. 0.7 a worthy upgrade and a reward for hard-building Linux users (and others).
- The processing is very quick, very convenient.
- All the previous apostrophe problems (curly vs straight) are solved.
- Adding the words in the user dictionary is a also very handy feature as we can do it selecting one, many or all words of the list.

Congratulations.

Proposals

I would suggest some small things in no particular order for next version:

- Propose (preferences) a comfortable "spellcheck display mode ", separating the text and the list (like the one in the screenshot below).

- The user should have (preferences) a choice of seeing the list
- either your way: with UPPER characters first and then lower ones
- or in strict alphabetical order.
There are advantages and drawbacks for both.

- To say it precisely, the words on the list are either unknown and/or mispelled. A vast majority of them are even perfectly correct. They are just "un-hunspelled", if I may. This should be corrected.

- The spellcheck window is to be translated.

- I would propose to add the number of lines included in the list (as a bottom line info?).

- Some few words are truncated by code (dropcap, sup, span, i or b tags) and just appear on the list for this reason. It's not a real problem but maybe it would be good to make hunspell ignore all this kind of code and plug the letters on both sides if there is no white space of any kind in between.

A question to finish:

when you have a list of elided forms, which precise command do you use to make hunspell analyse it? If I use the plain
Code:
-l
argument, it declares all of them to be unknown...

AN OLD QT BUG SQUASHED!! (at last)

The old one, long overdue, about italics not being displayed with embedded italic fonts. I just noticed that, with Sigil 0.7 (and Qt5) t's gone!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture-screen-2013-02-20-122115.png
Views:	229
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	101589  

Last edited by roger64; 02-20-2013 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Bug squashed
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #37
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool book browser

When the book browser is displayed and you minimize the main window the book browser remains maximized with no way to minimize it.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
When the book browser is displayed and you minimize the main window the book browser remains maximized with no way to minimize it.

I don't see how that's possible.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #39
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
Sigil bundles some libraries in its source repository, e.g. Boost, zlib, MiniZip, hunspell, PCRE.... etc; FORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES makes Sigil use those bundled libraries instead of using the system-provided libraries (if they're installed on your system).

For example if you have pcre-devel installed and build with -DFORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES=1, then Sigil will use the bundled pcre not the system-provided ones.
Thanks, Ahmad. At the moment, I don't have any of those installed, so that's how I was able to get away without it so far.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #40
st_albert
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't see how that's possible.
I'm guessing the book browser has to be undocked first. Can't confirm it, though, since it works as expected on my Linux install.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #41
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

I detached the 'Book Browser'

I don't DO see this behavior on XP (it dove under other open windows )

I DO see this on W7HP (64bit)

Last edited by theducks; 02-20-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #42
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I detached the 'Book Browser'

I don't DO see this behavior on XP (it dove under other open windows )

I DO see this on W7HP (64bit)
Yep, win 7 64bit.

Mine seems permanently detached. I see no way to attach it.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #43
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep, win 7 64bit.

Mine seems permanently detached. I see no way to attach it.

Sounds like Qt5 at work again. Works fine on Linux... So when I detach the Book Browser and minimize my main window, the Book Browser minimizes with it.

But to attach it again you should be able to drag it from the titlebar and drop it somewhere in Sigil - to the left of the editing window, on top of the TOC window, etc. Its easiest to double-click to re-attach, but as that doesn't seem to work on XP it might not help.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #44
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
ABOUT SPELLCHECKING

To say it in a few words: it was a real pleasure to test it. The "list of mispelled words" is a killer feature which makes v. 0.7 a worthy upgrade and a reward for hard-building Linux users (and others).
Thanks. Took a few tries

Quote:
- Propose (preferences) a comfortable "spellcheck display mode ", separating the text and the list (like the one in the screenshot below).
Since you can move the spellcheck window wherever you want, and it'll remember its location, this should already be addressed. Locking it to Sigil would restrict it/make it too small.

Quote:
- The user should have (preferences) a choice of seeing the list
- either your way: with UPPER characters first and then lower ones
- or in strict alphabetical order.
Yes, something I wanted to add, if someone mentioned it - thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
- To say it precisely, the words on the list are either unknown and/or mispelled. A vast majority of them are even perfectly correct. They are just "un-hunspelled", if I may. This should be corrected.
Could go either way on this.

Quote:
- The spellcheck window is to be translated.
There wasn't much time between beta and release - I'm sure they'll catch up - if we don't change the wording again

Quote:
- I would propose to add the number of lines included in the list (as a bottom line info?).
Try the tooltip on the header.

Quote:
- Some few words are truncated by code (dropcap, sup, span, i or b tags) and just appear on the list for this reason. It's not a real problem but maybe it would be good to make hunspell ignore all this kind of code and plug the letters on both sides if there is no white space of any kind in between.
There's no way to tell if its a word split by a tag or separate words, so it'll stay as is. But if you see a specific case where a word is being found incorrectly, let use know.

Quote:
A question to finish:
when you have a list of elided forms, which precise command do you use to make hunspell analyse it? If I use the plain
Code:
-l
argument, it declares all of them to be unknown...
Sigil simply converts any curly apostrophes to straight apostrophes in a word before looking in hunspell for a match or suggestion.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #45
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool the book browser

Quote:
Sounds like Qt5 at work again. Works fine on Linux... So when I detach the Book Browser and minimize my main window, the Book Browser minimizes with it.

But to attach it again you should be able to drag it from the titlebar and drop it somewhere in Sigil - to the left of the editing window, on top of the TOC window, etc. Its easiest to double-click to re-attach, but as that doesn't seem to work on XP it might not help.
Whe I initially launch Sigil the book browser is not visible, to make it visible I go to view and click book browser (a check mar appears) and then I can size and drag the book browser window all over the place but it will not dock. Double click does nothing.

Closed Thread