Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Hoppity
Hoppity began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
New PC causing problem w/kindle app

I restored all data from my backup drive onto a new Mac PC.

Previously, I had no problems moving Kindle books into Calibre. When I first went to the Kindle App on the new PC, it forced me to register again. They think it is a new device. When I move items into Calibre, I get the message that it is the incorrect PID. I have no idea what that is about.

Now all items are coming down as DRM books, where that was not the case on my former PC. I am really puzzled by all this. Any clues?

Thanks.
Hoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppity View Post
Now all items are coming down as DRM books, where that was not the case on my former PC. I am really puzzled by all this. Any clues?
All items most likely came down with drm before, this is how Amazon does the vast majority of their books. You must have previously installed a 3rd party plugin to remove drm as books are added. We can't provide detailed instructions about drm removal in this forum. Go to where you grabbed the plugin and ask for help there. If you don't remember where you got the plugin google apprentice alf's blog.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Hoppity
Hoppity began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Thanks for responding. When I open the Kindle app on my PC, it says it is Kindle 3, instead of Kindle 2.

Is there a way to get it back to Kindle 2. The new PC serial number must have forced the re-authorization which made it a different device. (guessing on this) I am concerned with synching books I purchase.

Thank you.
Hoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppity View Post
Thanks for responding. When I open the Kindle app on my PC, it says it is Kindle 3, instead of Kindle 2.

Is there a way to get it back to Kindle 2. The new PC serial number must have forced the re-authorization which made it a different device. (guessing on this) I am concerned with synching books I purchase.
You need to ask this question in the Kindle forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle app on a mac