Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #61
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Solved issue.
Nice workaround thanks.

Quote:
I prefer the look of the old Market anyway. The new thing is hideous.
Ha ha, I might be the only person in the world who really likes the new design
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #62
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Ha ha, I might be the only person in the world who really likes the new design
LOL, when I first saw it I thought of Windows Phone 7.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #63
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently there's a fix for those who want the new Market. You need to change your LCD density setting.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1218974
Old 08-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #64
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Apparently there's a fix for those who want the new Market. You need to change your LCD density setting.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1218974
Thx. The first post is great, I made the mistake of reading the rest of the post and am now I am thoroughly confused.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #65
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I got my market fixed, too, and I did change LCD density to 160, but I'm not sure that's what did it. I suspect the key was opening the Market app, then force closing it, then clearing data and cache in Application Info (accessed by long-pressing your market shortcut and choosing Application Info). When I first ran Market after changing the density and rebooting, it was still limited, but after I took the above steps, I had full access again. I've since changed density back to 187 (about the biggest you can go without breaking the status bar) and the market is still fine.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #66
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Okay, after further experimentation (see the thread Scion linked), Market does need to see the 160 DPI. The shortest route to make it happen looks like:
1) Clear Market data in Application Info
2) Navigate to System folder in Root Explorer and "Mount R/W"
3) Long-press build.prop and "Open in Text Editor"
4) Find "qemu.sf.lcd_density=161" and change it to 160
5) Reboot
6) Run Market

If Market is still limited, repeat step 1 and open it again.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 AM   #67
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
What about using the Shop feature in the NOOK Android app?
I like having all the "picked for you" selections and the Free Friday right there and stuff like that.

I'm just going to stay manual nootered.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #68
producerism
producerism began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am having a problem with Moon Reader as well... I couldn't find anyone else with this issue, so I thought I'd post it here.

I take LOTS of notes/make highlights when I read. Moon Reader was a godsend in that department, however I opened up a book I was reading last week, and now all my highlights and notes are offset by 50-100 characters. (e.g. If I highlighted a paragraph originally, now the highlight starts mid-sentence, about 2 sentences after where it should).

Any ideas?
producerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #69
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerism View Post
I am having a problem with Moon Reader as well... I couldn't find anyone else with this issue, so I thought I'd post it here.

I take LOTS of notes/make highlights when I read. Moon Reader was a godsend in that department, however I opened up a book I was reading last week, and now all my highlights and notes are offset by 50-100 characters. (e.g. If I highlighted a paragraph originally, now the highlight starts mid-sentence, about 2 sentences after where it should).

Any ideas?
Did you update the app recently? Maybe it's a bug.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #70
producerism
producerism began at the beginning.

Device: none
Nope, I don't believe there have been any updates since I purchased/installed the app. I sent an email to the developer.. although I'm guessing it will just get buried in their inbox. I didn't find any official support forum or anything..

update: heard back from dev, looking forward to a possible fix!

Last edited by producerism; 08-31-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: heard back from developer
producerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:10 AM   #71
Drumm
Enthusiast
Drumm began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color(CM10), NookTouch & Meadiacom 850i
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Okay, after further experimentation (see the thread Scion linked), Market does need to see the 160 DPI. The shortest route to make it happen looks like:
1) Clear Market data in Application Info
2) Navigate to System folder in Root Explorer and "Mount R/W"
3) Long-press build.prop and "Open in Text Editor"
4) Find "qemu.sf.lcd_density=161" and change it to 160
5) Reboot
6) Run Market

If Market is still limited, repeat step 1 and open it again.
I'm not a total idiot, but I really don't see a way in root exployer to "Mount R/W".

Perhaps I am using a different root explorer? Speed software root explorer from android market? Yeah, the one with absolutely no help, instructions and a website that seems to be related to WM apps only. I would really love to get the market working again......

Last edited by Drumm; 09-03-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Drumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #72
Drumm
Enthusiast

On topic with the thread, I am also having a prolem with moon reader, which was why I was reading this thread in the first place. When I first installed it, everything was great. Then I used it to read some news files created by Calibre and now everything looks like it is in a web browser. Always have to click link on bottom of section/chapter to continue/load next section. I don;t think this is how a reader should work on an epub, and it certainly didn't with the first few books I read with it.

Any ideas? Or should I forget it and go to Amazon market to look at mantano? ;-)

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #73
Drumm
Enthusiast

Of course Amazon is for US residents only.... Another problem to resolve, anyone know of a way around that one? I am havng the same problem with some apps from Google market as well. It gets expensive to fly back to the US every time I need to install something....
Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #74
Drumm
Enthusiast

Okay, found the problem, apparently the button is not showing up properly and is just showing up as part of a grey box. Sometimes trial and error works.... Is this a problem with my settings or are all the labels for the buttons out of wack on 2.16?

Last edited by Drumm; 09-03-2011 at 07:11 AM.