Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Indeed, see my post directly above yours.
The newer device/firmware version combinations need an updated KindleTool (an internal part of MrPI).

The only place you get that is from NiLuJe's snapshot threads (as: MrPI, so when in doubt: re-install it).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #17
bttrflii
bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshni Patel View Post
What happened exactly and what was the last scenario.
I'm not sure which part of the thread you're asking about. Would you be a little more specific, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Now how many of our non-techy users know what model series SoC is inside of their Kindle?
I personally wouldn't have before your explanation. :) I took "newer model" literally and thought "mine's kind of old", not "my model + software combination is new". Thank you for the details about how it fits together. That type of information is pretty interesting!
bttrflii is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2018, 02:43 AM   #18
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Just want to say thanks for this thread. I just updated to 5.9.4 from 5.8.11 only to discover Kual wasn't working like it used to. I was out of the country most of Nov and then came the holidays. There was an update some time before the Nov trip but decided not to try to update before a big trip. Was just happy to have a working Kindle. I think I've got it all working again now. Thanks to all for your tips.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote