Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-11-2015, 06:50 AM   #1
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Invalid ids (just for curiosity;)

I noticed that the new versions of Calibre editor find much more invalid ids than before. What was changed?
I don't complain about it, as I noticed before than epubs created with Amanuensis would sometimes have navigation issues in my Kobos.
Just one thing to correct, in the French translation: it displays « Id invalise » instead of « Id invalide »: probably the late-night translator missed the 'd' key and hit its neighbor.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I made the id checking stricter, because I got reports of epubs failing because of technically valid ids on various reading platforms. Best to be safe and stick to rules that are know to work everywhere.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2015, 04:31 AM   #3
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
You are probably right: I noticed some malfunctions with ebooks from Amanuensis, maybe due to accented characters, spaces, punctuation in ids. New ids generated by Calibre are only lowercase letters and digits.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote