Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Looks like I fixed the Book Directory issue where it would only work for folders on C: drive.

Please download the latest version and give it a try. As always please report any problems you encounter, plus any additional features you might like to see.

Cheers
One problem I have found is if I make my changes and then click convert, it converts. But if I want to make another change and then reconvert, I have to open the book again and make the changes. Would be nice it if noticed I made a change and allowed me to convert again without opening the book again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, another bug has cropped up I think...

When I add in a cover to a book that does not have a cover, I get the cover image on page 0 and page 1.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #48
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
What I can do is renable the Convert button and uncheck the tick boxes for the Book Title, Author, Publisher & Image boxes. You would then have to recheck the field you wanted to change and then reconvert. The other way would be to load the newly converted file after a convert and then you make then changes. Essentially the GUI would do the Open File for you. I'm leaning towards the later as you get the latest information stored in the MOBI file and don't run into potential old data in the various fields. I'll look at it.

Cheers
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #49
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Mobi2Mobi GUI for Windows v0.07

The GUI now loads the newly converted MOBI file at the end of the convert process. You can make additional changes if needed without having to open the file to do so.

Jon can you give this a whirl and see if it does what you wanted.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v007.zip (11.4 KB, 1095 views)
Old 03-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #50
Jad
Groupie

I noticed the double cover as well just recently. I don't think the problem is mine though as I purely just build the various flags for the Mobi2Mobi.exe. I'll test purely in DOS and if I can duplicate the problem I'll report it to Tom.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #51
Jad
Groupie

Looks like Mobi2Mobi is replacing a thumbnail on Page 1 with a full size coverimage, and hence looks like 2 coverimages is a row. I'll report this over in the Mobiperl thread as it might already be a known issue.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll wait for that bug to be fixed and then try it again. What I am going to use the GUI for is to fix all the books downloaded from here that were made were generated wth BD in PRC and get the metadata sorted and maybe some of the covers.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #53
madcatcasey
madcatcasey began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
I can't seem to figure out how to add a cover to my .mobi ebook. I've succesfully opened the ebook, and I can change and save the author and title info, but when I add an image, select the tick box, and select 'Convert', the resulting book does not seem to contain any image...

Am I missing a step or something?

Thanks,
madcatcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #54
madcatcasey
madcatcasey began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Ok. Nevermind. It actually does add the image, but the image does not seem to show in MobiPocket reader. It does, however, show up on my Cybook, which is what I really care about.

Thanks for the tool, btw. I love it! If you need any C# help, say the word..
madcatcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #55
Jad
Groupie

With the release of Mobiperl 0.37 there are some fixes for the Coverimage & Thumbnail offsets which alter the way the images are stored. This corrects a problem where the Coverimage image is also used on the TOC page. This does not appear to happen now with the new version. You can also extract the Coverimage & Thumbnail files now if they exist. Big props to Tommy for adding this.

I've finally got the Coverimage & Thumbnail previews working in the GUI and I'm just tweaking it a little. V0.08 should be up shortly.

Glad the GUI is proving useful MadCatCasey. I could have done with some C# help about an hour ago as I was trying to suss out how to update my preview images, damn process locks on files mutter mutter... Anyway all working now. =8)

Last edited by Jad; 03-12-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #56
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi GUI for Windows v0.08

**** As from v0.08 of the GUI you will need at least v0.37 of the MobiPerl Tools. Please grab the latest Win32 Binaries from the MobiPerl thread. Thanks to Gudy for these.*****

The latest version of the GUI now provides Coverimage & Thumbnail preview support. Thanks to Tommy for adding the extraction flags to the Mobi2Mobi app to allow this.

Also the v0.37 Mobi2Mobi.exe also handles images differently and so far seems to address the issue where a Coverimage when added was also referenced on the TOC page instead of the thumbnail image, giving the appearance of a double up.

Please grab the latest version of the GUI and report any issues you may encounter.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v008.zip (11.9 KB, 1016 views)
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 AM   #57
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatcasey View Post
Ok. Nevermind. It actually does add the image, but the image does not seem to show in MobiPocket reader. It does, however, show up on my Cybook, which is what I really care about.

Thanks for the tool, btw. I love it! If you need any C# help, say the word..
In MobiPocket Reader the image should show up as a thumbnail in the Library view and if you open a book and go to previous instead of next you will see it. The drop down list GOTO also includes the cover page. Basically the book opens just past the cover as you might think it would with a paper book.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:27 AM   #58
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I did a brief test on XP and found no problems. Tonight I will test it on Vista and on a D: drive

The program looks great
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:49 AM   #59
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
OK, it took me a while because I couldn't get it to work on my Vista system. There were no crashes, but the covers did not show up in the mobi book. I tested several different pictures and a couple of books. The I copied the complete directory to the XP box. And to my suprise it did not here work also. Then I remembered that the first test on the XP system was done with another book. I tried that one again and it worked. So it seems there are differences in the original files.

Things like Author, Title etc are changed as requested. Only cover art and thumbnails are are a problem in some cases.

I have the feeling that the problem isn't in the gui but in mobiperl. But I'm not sure of that

Last edited by Ortep; 03-14-2008 at 03:51 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 AM   #60
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I have the feeling that the problem isn't in the gui but in mobiperl. But I'm not sure of that
You can probably test that by doing "mobi2mobi --savecover cover --savethumb thumb file.mobi" and see if the cover and thunb files are saved. They will only be saved if the file is a real MobiPocket file where the cover and thumb has been set in the correct way.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi