Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
jbreaker
jbreaker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Nook Glowlight Plus - trouble waking up

So maybe someone else has seen this and has some ideas - the Nook in question is rooted/tweaked/relaunched, etc.

I put my Nook to sleep with the power button and wake it the same way (or it puts itself to sleep affter a while). When I hit the power button, I get the "slide to unlock" message, I do so, and it wakes up.

But... *sometimes* it doesn't wake up. It will flip from the ZZZzzz screen to the other lock screen, but will not show me the "slide to unlock" message, and sliding doesn't work. Any touch on the screen will just bounce me back to the ZZZzzz screen. Repeat as often as you like. Sometimes it will even show a page from a book for a second, but as soon as you touch the screen, the same thing happens.

If I screw with it long enough, usually it winds up either somehow dumping me out to the launcher home screen, or rebooting, but again, *sometimes* it prompts me with the "factory reset" option. My fear is that if it does this and I can't see that's what it's doing, it will factory reset and I'll lose all my carefully customized everything.

Anyone have any thoughts? Why it's maybe doing this, or what a better way to make it stop when it does would be? (Also I'd love a way to just get rid of the "factory reset" option completely, if somoene has one...)
jbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote