Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Exclamation Can not install KSM 08 on Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2

Hi

fresh new Kobo Aura H2O Edition here on firmware

Im following the steps from

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=266821

I place the folder with the pngs power off and back on all OK

Connect device again move over to the root the .gz file and disconnect device

Never actually kicks in the update process... I tried power off and back again but nothing

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Viktor
viktormadarasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktormadarasz View Post
Hi

fresh new Kobo Aura H2O Edition here on firmware

Im following the steps from

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=266821

I place the folder with the pngs power off and back on all OK

Connect device again move over to the root the .gz file and disconnect device

Never actually kicks in the update process... I tried power off and back again but nothing

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Viktor
The KoboRoot.tgz has to be place into the directory .kobo. But don't do it, unless you want to do some experiments! For at the top of the post you linked to one can read:
Warning: According to the reports of geekraver, KSM does not (yet) work on Aura H2O Edition 2.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
viktormadarasz
viktormadarasz began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The KoboRoot.tgz has to be place into the directory .kobo. But don't do it, unless you want to do some experiments! For at the top of the post you linked to one can read:
Warning: According to the reports of geekraver, KSM does not (yet) work on Aura H2O Edition 2.
Thanks

Then i guess i sit and wait in the meantime till it is supported
Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #4
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Thanks

Then i guess i sit and wait in the meantime till it is supported
Or you can install it and tell tshering what's happen to help him to get support, isn't it?
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
viktormadarasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Or you can install it and tell tshering what's happen to help him to get support, isn't it?
I can of course do just one question:

- Can I brick unrepairable my device doing it?

- Can i always roll back to ,,factory default?

- Should I use only the KSM 08 files or i should also install the patches for Aura?

Regards

Viktor
Advert
Old 10-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

- Should I use only the KSM 08 files or i should also install the patches for Aura?

Regards

Viktor
Thank you for being willing to help. If you are able to search for solutions of the problem on your own, and know the risks that you are taking, please do it. Otherwise, I would recommend that you better do not take any risks.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:

Regards

Viktor
Thanks for the offer.
I only have an H2O for help tshering.

You always have a way to do a factory reset for all models until now, but better ask davidfor to explain the method for H2O Edition 2, I don't know if it's the same than for my H2O. Any way you can't brick your device with that software (Am I wrong tshering?).
I suppose that you should install patches for Aura One because the mark6 and also because they have other fixes (I installed it without any problem).

FYI, I never had to do a factory reset by any trial with KSM, and I did several test, for sure.

Last edited by boriar; 10-06-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: some corrections
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
You always have a way to do a factory reset for all models until now, but better ask davidfor to explain the method for H2O Edition 2, I don't know if it's the same than for my H2O.
The method for a manual factory reset for the H2O2 is in the manual. It's the same as for the Aura ONE, which we have on the WiKi - https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #9
viktormadarasz

Ok thanks

based on the quote

It turned out that this patch (KSM08_ext_aura_one_04g.zip ) does not work for Aura H2O Edition 2. It turned out that there is no touch driver available for this model. Until such a driver is available, KSM will not work on H2O Edition 2. For the time being do not pay attention to the following spoiler.

without those touch drivers present can i still do testing with KSM 08 and patch KSM08_ext_aura_one_04g? my h20 edition 2 has no physical buttons to interact with apart from the power on button
Old 10-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #10
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Ok thanks

based on the quote

It turned out that this patch (KSM08_ext_aura_one_04g.zip ) does not work for Aura H2O Edition 2. It turned out that there is no touch driver available for this model. Until such a driver is available, KSM will not work on H2O Edition 2. For the time being do not pay attention to the following spoiler.

without those touch drivers present can i still do testing with KSM 08 and patch KSM08_ext_aura_one_04g? my h20 edition 2 has no physical buttons to interact with apart from the power on button
You can perform test if you like. But I do not know what exactly you are going to do. Based on some experiments that I did another user did for me, I formed the opinion that the touch driver that we currently use does not work for H2O2. If you do some experiments that show that the touch driver is not the problem and that there is some different problem, please go ahead. I for one do not have any specific questions, and cannot give you any advice how and what to test.

Edit: The best thing you could do is to communicate you interest in Pbchess. This is the relevant thread.

Last edited by tshering; 10-07-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
viktormadarasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You can perform test if you like. But I do not know what exactly you are going to do. Based on some experiments that I did another user did for me, I formed the opinion that the touch driver that we currently use does not work for H2O2. If you do some experiments that show that the touch driver is not the problem and that there is some different problem, please go ahead. I for one do not have any specific questions, and cannot give you any advice how and what to test.

Edit: The best thing you could do is to communicate you interest in Pbchess. This is the relevant thread.
Thanks

i have posted to the relevant tread there
Old 10-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #12
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks

i have posted to the relevant tread there
It seems it was just the right time!

Tags
edition 2, h2o, ksm, upgrade