Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #106
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Ahem. And who really gives a rats ass if you do? Rather pompous, arrogant rant, don't you think? ever heard of 'to each his own'? The fact that you don't care for it or Amazon gives you the privilege to not purchase the Kindle or buy from Amazon. It does not give you the right to spew your poisonous crap.

Amazon operates in a free market economy. It can sell products however it pleases at whatever price it pleases. Last I heard its doing okay...must be doing something right.
And did I mention the value of your 'old' Kindie (that you bought after reading some 'rumors' somewhere) once the Kindle 2 comes out? All that plastic would look, oh-so-dated-and-old! I suggest you have it converted to a 'blood-pressure monitor' with that 'big' display, you'll be able to read the numbers easily (and pressing all those buttons would make you feel like Dr. Luka Kovač, the ER fame!)

Oh all these newbie fanatics! Well, I guess this will happen when ereaders become mainstream. The shape of things to come.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #107
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
And did I mention the value of your 'old' Kindie (that you bought after reading some 'rumors' somewhere) once the Kindle 2 comes out? All that plastic would look, oh-so-dated-and-old! I suggest you have it converted to a 'blood-pressure monitor' with that 'big' display, you'll be able to read the numbers easily (and pressing all those buttons would make you feel like Dr. Luka Kovač, the ER fame!)

Oh all these newbie fanatics! Well, I guess this will happen when ereaders become mainstream. The shape of things to come.

I "bought" it because it did exactly what I wanted it to do. Why would you think it was bought after hearing 'rumors'? I saw it on the site,. Watched the video....did you? Obviously not. Its a book reader, with the ability to download books either from Amazon or numerous other sites. Its easy to search for what I want. I don't need lots of different gadgets to feed my ego. What did Amazon ever do to you to cause such hatred?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #108
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

You're taking this way too personally and giving "all that plastic" too much power. It's just another eReader, not the first and not the last.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #109
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You're taking this way too personally and giving "all that plastic" too much power. It's just another eReader, not the first and not the last.
Aesthetics, my friend, aesthetics matter. It is a step backwards in that respect. Ever heard of frontlist.com? It used to be my favorite site for buying books. Amazon bought it and it does not exist any more. They specialized in a certain type of scholarly books. Those books have disappeared in the huge pile of Amazon junk now. Ever heard of bookpages.co.uk? Same happened to them as well. We are losing diversity in the book market. Ebook market will go the same way with the arrival of the greedy giant. Then there are issues surrounding the DRM etc, things too complicated for innocent sheeple. I'll leave it at that!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #110
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Aesthetics, my friend, aesthetics matter. It is a step backwards in that respect. Ever heard of frontlist.com? It used to be my favorite site for buying books. Amazon bought it and it does not exist any more. They specialized in a certain type of scholarly books. Those books have disappeared in the huge pile of Amazon junk now. Ever heard of bookpages.co.uk? Same happened to them as well. We are losing diversity in the book market. Ebook market will go the same way with the arrival of the greedy giant. Then there are issues surrounding the DRM etc, things too complicated for innocent sheeple. I'll leave it at that!
That's the real issue. You're upset with Amazon, maybe rightly so and you're venting. Continue on.

I don't have the same issues as you do but I can appreciate your frustration.
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #111
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Listen, little man. You haven't lived long enough to use that condescending tone with with me. Go pound your head against a wall and wail about the poor little bookstores swallowed by the big nasty giant. We have the same problem here with WalMart......they swallow the little stores because they offer lower prices and wider selection......which is obviously what people want. Same with books. It may take a little more work than you are used to, but you can find what you want if you try hard enough. Maybe it isn't instantly available, but its there. And as for the 'newbie' remark? Everyone was new at one time....even you. Get over your techie self.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #112
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Listen, little man. You haven't lived long enough to use that condescending tone with with me. Go pound your head against a wall and wail about the poor little bookstores swallowed by the big nasty giant. We have the same problem here with WalMart......they swallow the little stores because they offer lower prices and wider selection......which is obviously what people want. Same with books. It may take a little more work than you are used to, but you can find what you want if you try hard enough. Maybe it isn't instantly available, but its there. And as for the 'newbie' remark? Everyone was new at one time....even you. Get over your techie self.
DG I must say you are in Rare form tonight or should I say morning in AZ WOW!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #113
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
DG I must say you are in Rare form tonight or should I say morning in AZ WOW!

JJ
Just waiting for the "you are no longer welcome on this site'".pm.......Its 9:10 a.m. here........
Old 07-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #114
Razi
Zealot

Quote:
Sorry, didn't know I was talking to a senile person. My apologies. As I said, the shape of things to come! Bring on the clowns
Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #115
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Just waiting for the "you are no longer welcome on this site'".pm.......Its 9:10 a.m. here........
Well I could send you one but then it would be just me and the Duck and you know how she is about Monkeys. I guess we could have the Armadillo chaperone... Oh and just let him have his fun Probably has nothing better to do than try and pick fights.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #116
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey now, play nice everyone. let's try to keep it friendly, ok ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #117
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey now, play nice everyone. let's try to keep it friendly, ok ?

I hereby back off.........
Old 07-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #118
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Just one more, I promise....

Quote:
Sorry, didn't know I was talking to a senile person. My apologies. As I said, the shape of things to come! Bring on the clowns
Infant.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #119
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Well I could send you one but then it would be just me and the Duck and you know how she is about Monkeys. I guess we could have the Armadillo chaperone... Oh and just let him have his fun Probably has nothing better to do than try and pick fights.

JJ
A duck and a Monkey walk into a bar.......
Old 07-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #120
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Come on DG, I finally found some duck jokes on the other thread.

Tags
duck!