Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Daniel_321
Daniel_321 began at the beginning.

Device: screen
Question Reading some fields from filename and others from file metadata

Hello, I'm yet another new user asking about PDFs...but I did search a lot and couldn't find an answer, I hope you can help me out please.

I need to import several thousand pdf's, to read the title, author name, and date from the filename, and ALSO, to read the "tags" (which are the pdf "keywords") from the metadata.

Apparently I can do either one or the other (marking or unmarking "read metadata from file"). I tried using expressions in the "tags to apply when adding" option but it doesn't work

And another question, if tags in the original metadata are separed by semicolons, is there a way to turn them into Calibre's format so it would identify different tags appropriately?

Any ideas?

thanks!
Daniel_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Daniel_321
Daniel_321 began at the beginning.

Device: screen
don't worry, I found a way around it. I wanted Calibre for tagging and searching a huge pdf database. I can do it with A-PDF explorer (batch tagging) and the built in win 7 search, which looks into filenames and metadata and works pretty well
Daniel_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert