Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
NC as a functional work tablet

I'd like to hear how someone has set up the NC to be used as a work tablet, something you'd take notes on, look at spreadsheets, and the other office functions we all know and love. What apps are you using? Is it effective? Love it as a reader but I'd also like more. What are you doing?
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
I'd like to hear how someone has set up the NC to be used as a work tablet, something you'd take notes on, look at spreadsheets, and the other office functions we all know and love. What apps are you using? Is it effective? Love it as a reader but I'd also like more. What are you doing?
I installed CM7 on my NC and use it mostly for email and to look at the occasional spreadsheet and document. I work with a web based application and it has not presented any problems. Sometimes I wish I had a stylus because of my fat fingers but nothing serious enough to make me buy one.

I was in a Best Buy yesterday and fooled around with the Galaxy they had on display. It is very nice with a good form factor. However, I didn't find it did anything that my NC could not do.

I guess it depends on what you do for work. I wouldn't work on a long document with it but it's fine for editing, reviewing and making changes. Hope this helps.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My brief first impression is that you might find it slow and underpowered compared to say, a netbook, but if you think of it as a large PDA it will be excellent.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
sangahm
Enthusiast
sangahm began at the beginning.

Device: nook HD, Palm T3, iPhone
Here are some of the things I use my NC for related to business:
-I use Todo List to sync up my toodledo.com account for tasks.
-Have ezPDF and Documents To Go for viewing docs, spreadsheets, and pdfs.
-Tripit for trips and itineraries.
-Still trying to replace Notespark as a general fast note taker. NS was good for the iphone device, but has no Android client. So I'm looking at AndroNote and SpringPad.
-I like Evernote for long notes, text documents, and other reference material.
-Thinking Space is used for mindmapping (ideas, outlines, brainstorming).

I carry a BBerry so email and calendar is handled externally to the NC.
sangahm is offline   Reply With Quote