Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #16
prusaks
prusaks began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
WHY IS 302 BEING IGNORED????

Will there be a new firmware version for 302 that will do what it says on the packaging? Or is it just a pricey gadget that doesn't do what it should?
prusaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #17
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I can't download the 301+ firmware. It keeps timing out.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:17 AM   #18
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by prusaks View Post
WHY IS 302 BEING IGNORED????

Will there be a new firmware version for 302 that will do what it says on the packaging? Or is it just a pricey gadget that doesn't do what it should?
Looks a bit like PB302 owners are last to be served (if they are ever to be served). For the time being we get no replies.

PB302 owners, unite! And claim decent and complete firmware or a trade-in against a device that actually is still in focus in the PB marketing activities.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #19
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
I'm at the beginning at the test list and I already have found 2 serious bugs.
Not looking good...
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #20
h2g2
h2g2 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Aside from the test results I posted before, I have been using the 15.3 beta on my PB360 for a week now and I experienced no crashes or reboot. I had not a lot of crashes with 15.2 though, but 15.3b seems at least as stable as 15.2.
h2g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #21
h2g2

I had a freeze today with 15.3b : when I pressed the ON button to boot my PB360, the green led lit but the PB froze. It did not display the last read page (my default boot display) and stayed there. ON/OFF button did not help.
I had to use the reset button on the back to restart it successfully.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #22
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Dear PocketBook representatives.

I have noticed that there is a new beta marked swupdate_26Nov2010_360_de_15_3 on German forum.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29#post1238329

Do you want us to fill in the testcase spreadsheets for this as well?
Is somebody looking at our betetesting logs we have submitted so far?

Last edited by kacir; 11-27-2010 at 08:05 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #23
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Dear PocketBook representatives.

I have noticed that there is a new beta marked swupdate_26Nov2010_360_de_15_3 on German forum.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29#post1238329

Do you want us to fill in the testcase spreadsheets for this as well?
Is somebody looking at our betetesting logs we have submitted so far?
I wanted to post it here and now, had not yet ...

It is desirable to compare or fixes those bugs that were found in the previous version, and check or they have been corrected ...
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #24
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
I wanted to post it here and now, had not yet ...
I was not complaining ;-), just asking if you wanted us to fill in the betatest sheet.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #25
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I am not an "official beta-tester" because I don't use enough of the many features of PB360 to be one. However, today I thought I'd have a quick peek at the version referenced a couple of posts up, swupdate_26Nov2010_360_de_15_3.

I was wondering whether someone who has been using v15.3 for a while would confirm whether they are seeing the following:
  • With the default Theme in use, I open an EPUB in AdobeViewer (official, not hacked).
  • Then I press the centre button to get the Quick Menu.
  • The action for Zoom is bottom row middle but the icon is Table of Contents. The action for TOC is bottom right corner but the icon is Settings (which didn't used to be an option for EPUB, PDF).

Then I tried loading one of the popular customised Themes -- Cleanlook.

Now if I open an EPUB in AdobeViewer and press the centre button to get the Quick Menu I just get thrown out of the book back to the booklist, i.e. the Theme is unusable. I also tried Theme Sheeps with the same result.

Is it just me?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #26
berpdreyfuss
Enthusiast
berpdreyfuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's the same here, same bugs with cleanlook and the icon change in the quick menu.
berpdreyfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #27
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@berpdreyfuss, Thank you for confirming. I hope one of the official testers has picked this up.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #28
h2g2

I had again the same freeze as the one I described on nov. 11th : device froze during boot, before displaying the chosen boot screen, green light lit. I had to reset the device.
Never had the same issue with 15.2 firmware.

Is there a boot log somewhere on the device to investigate ?
Old 12-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #29
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Smile Beta testing

Are you looking for Beta Testors for the 902? So far, I've only had mine about three weeks, but I think it's terrific.

I'd be glad to help out if I could.

Thanks,
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
We are looking for beta testers who are willing to test the new beta versions, and review a long list of possible Sallow and of course to describe any other bugs found in detail.

The best 50-10 beta testers get the units of the new model for testing.

The best three of you to get a Christmas gift unit. Others have the option to purchase the equipment with a huge discount.

----
A little late, but now finally start the "big" beta test.

Everyone can participate, but only someone who can completely fill bug list to get new models to the series "testing" ... And keep the winner as a gift.

PB360
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...360_wg_15_3.7Z

PB301+
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...301_wg_15_3.7Z

PB301+ (alternative for the new device named 600EMA)
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...360_wg_15_3.7Z
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote