Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
K3 Keyboard Labels

Who at Amazon thought that tiny, medium-grey lettering on a dark grey background for the new Kindle3 keyboard was a great idea?

If anyone here can suggest a LESS legible color combination on any current eReader, I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

Until I get used to the keyboard, it MANDATES me putting on my reading glasses. I can get by with these aging eyes and NO glasses with a medium-sized font on my Kobo and Kindle2 and the new K3. But Amazon is REQUIRING me to use readers for the K3.

BTW - Crisper and blacker text on the K3 versus the Kobo ... didn't know I was so sensitive as to immediately notice the K3's additional ounce in weight over the Kobo.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I will say, with the lack of contrast on the keys, it makes them disappear when you're reading. I mean let's be honest. It's a reading device. You should be buying books less than 1% of the time (or do it from your computer and let the 3G/WiFi take care of it on the Kindle after you buy), and reading 99% of the time. And 99% of the time I want those keys to disappear.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
I don't mind the colour of the lettering, but I wish they would have printed the numbers above the top row of keys as a visual aid when trying to enter digits using the Alt-key method.
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

>> ... let's be honest. It's a reading device. You should be buying books less than 1% of the time ...

No - my Kobo is a reading device. My Kindle3 is a multi-purpose 'Net-connected wonder.

(grin)
Old 08-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

lol you guys. :P
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #6
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

I bought the Kobo sight-unseen for what it DOESN'T do. Every time I picked up my wife's Kindle2, I wanted to mess 'round with its connectivity.

I am honestly reading more on my Kobo that I ever would have if I had purchased another "connected" eReader.

So why did I ket a K3? Because the nice man who heads Amazon, Mr. Bezos, told me to as he was interview by Charlie Rose last month ...

"Cherry" is my favorite Kool-Aid flavor, by the way.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
You better not start playing with the browser+wi-fi combination on the K3 then because the web experience on K3 far surpasses the K2.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #8
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post

If anyone here can suggest a LESS legible color combination on any current eReader, I'll buy you a cup of coffee.
A slightly darker gray than the graphite casing.

I'll have a double cappuccino to go please.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:22 AM   #9
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

Which current eReader has grey on graphite???
Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Current, yeah right. The danger of reading just what you want to read. Solly!
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:14 AM   #11
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

I am finding out that this might be an "old age" thing ... Folks are saying that the keyboard labels are just fine with them.

Tags
keyboard, kindle, labels