Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
silverdezz
silverdezz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Download E-book on Kobo?

I am a newbie when it comes to Ebook reader. I recently just bought a Kobo from BestBuy. Though it was a refurnished version, i still think it was still a great deal!

I can't help but wonder
....can i read my download E-book on Kobo...?

I got all my ebooks from downloading random sites. There were no problem before when I opened up those files to read on computer as they came in various format (lit, epub, pdf etc). But, can I do the same thing with Kobo?

I know I can use Calibre to convert various format to epub so Kobo can read it. But what about DRM?

Honestly, I don't know the books I download free online do they have DRM. Do anyone know how I can tell these books have DRM?

IF they do? Can they still be read on Kobo even if they are in epub format?
silverdezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Calibers' viewer will tell you whether they are DRM or not.

Download ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) to handle and read legitimate DRM enabled books.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you haven't had to use Adobe Digital Editions to open them at this point they likely aren't DRM'd. For straight e-pubs and pdf's (although the reading experience with pdf's can be a challenge due to small text size) you can load via calibre or just drag and drop them onto the Kobo when you have it connected.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote