Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
tandknix
tandknix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Question Error downloading Calibre!

I saw that Calibre had a new version available and went to install it. I deleted my previous version as instructed, but when I try to run the new program I get an error. This is the error I get:

Any help would really be appreciated! I miss my Calibre!

Last edited by tandknix; 02-17-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Picture was too large
tandknix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Sounds like this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67716

The size of the 0.6.40 file is 29,512,192 bytes
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
tandknix

Quote:
Sounds like this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67716

The size of the 0.6.40 file is 29,512,192 bytes
I tried what was suggested there already. I even deleted the downloaded file and re-downloaded it directly from Calibre.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandknix View Post
I tried what was suggested there already. I even deleted the downloaded file and re-downloaded it directly from Calibre.
Did you check the file size?

The message you quoted nearly always means a corrupted msi file, especially when it works OK for other users. I've redownloaded the file and the current one has an identical hash so is unchanged.

The only other thing that comes to mind is antivirus software causing trouble.

I would be tempted just to wait for the next release of Calibre which probably will be out in a few days and try that.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
tandknix

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Did you check the file size?

The message you quoted nearly always means a corrupted msi file, especially when it works OK for other users. I've redownloaded the file and the current one has an identical hash so is unchanged.

The only other thing that comes to mind is antivirus software causing trouble.

I would be tempted just to wait for the next release of Calibre which probably will be out in a few days and try that.
Thanks...I will do that and see what happens.
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
banjomike
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandknix View Post
Thanks...I will do that and see what happens.
OK, 0.6.41 is out. Good luck.

EDIT: forget .41 go for .42

Last edited by banjomike; 02-20-2010 at 07:13 AM.