Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
msmith65
Enthusiast
msmith65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to Create a Simple Line Above & Below Paragraph?

Sigil makes a nice-looking graphic line at every sigilChapterBreak. I'd like to use that or something similar above and below my inset quotes. Any ideas?
msmith65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Yes, use the <hr> tag and style it with CSS. Some small left and right margins to make it smaller and adjust the colors.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
msmith65
Enthusiast
msmith65 began at the beginning.

That works nifty! Thank you.

There does appear to be an unwanted page break forcing just after the first line I insert. Not sure how to eliminate that.

Here's the code in text (Sigil fixed it for me):

Quote:
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<hr />

<p>&nbsp;</p>
And here's the relevant CSS:

Quote:
hr.style1 {text-align:center;color:rgb(300, 300, 300)}
I have a feeling the answer is staring me in the face, but I've been staring at HTML for 10 hours at my day job....
msmith65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith65 View Post

I have a feeling the answer is staring me in the face, but I've been staring at HTML for 10 hours at my day job....
You are showing us grains of sand on a beach
The first C in CSS is 'Cascade'

Something you did way back there may be affecting that code.

BTW
You really should learn to use a Style sheet. In the end, this will make changing the styling in the book a piece of cake.

.see the style0001.css in the attached sample HR epub
Attached Files
File Type: epub hr-test.epub (2.1 KB, 226 views)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

You have set up a style, but now don't you have to follow the style?

As for example <div class="hr.style1">

?

Seems to me you have instead called for blank space / plain old hr / blank space.

No?
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
You have set up a style, but now don't you have to follow the style?

As for example <div class="hr.style1">

?

Seems to me you have instead called for blank space / plain old hr / blank space.

No?
NOT that way

hr.style1 in a CSS means only apply to a HR tag with a class="style1"
.style1 says any tag with a class="style1"

Last edited by Jellby; 08-24-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: fixed style="style1" with class="style1"
Old 08-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Be sure to read the Sticky Known bugs in ADE Thread as it explains using <hr> lines in epub very good.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It could be that some problem is caused by rgb(300, 300, 300). rgb(255,255,255) is as high as it goes for all white per http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp

Defective CSS could cause that whole line to be ignored.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
It could be that some problem is caused by rgb(300, 300, 300). rgb(255,255,255) is as high as it goes for all white per http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp

how did I miss seeing that glaring error