Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 02:51 AM   #16
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Booksonboard has a publishing service, that allows you to decide where you want to sell the book. ( At least that's the impression I got from the webpage)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Booksonboard has a publishing service, that allows you to decide where you want to sell the book. ( At least that's the impression I got from the webpage)
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about their program, either. Neither of these stores seem to be promoting their self-pub programs very much.

I haven't heard back from Kobo. But I did email them on a Friday. Now I've sent a query to BooksonBoard.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #18
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
It's not looking good. Neither Kobo nor BooksonBoard has answered my email requests for information about publishing through them. However, a writer colleague sent me a copy of the guide that Kobo (after a long delay) sent her, and if that's any indication, then Kobo is not even remotely set up to deal with authors in a user-friendly way. As for BonB, who knows?

Does anyone know if the Apple store permits territorial restrictions, if one uploads directly? (I haven't, to date, because they require an Apple device for doing the upload, but that's probably something I could finesse.)

I wonder how hard it would be to set up a storefront on my own site. (Well, I know it's theoretically not that hard to set up a shopping cart, but to manage geographical restrictions and automatically handle payments and downloads...)
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote