Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Nook Color web browsing and Gmail

I'm very much a Google Apps guy and I'm hoping that Google apps will be the first apps out of the B&N app store when it gets here in 1Q 2011. Until then , a workaround is to access Gmail, GCal, etc. on the web. Has anyone had any experience doing Google apps on the web using the NC? How well does it work? Thank you in advance for your reviews.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
brandorf
brandorf began at the beginning.

Device: Nook / Nook Color
Switch gmail over to the Simple HTML version for the best results, but it does work alright.
brandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
therealguppy
therealguppy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandorf View Post
Switch gmail over to the Simple HTML version for the best results, but it does work alright.
Agreed Gmail works perfectly with the Simple HTML version, the normal version also works well but its harder to select messages and such using the normal version. Simple HTML for the Win.

I haven't Tried Calender or anything else yet. but now I will.
therealguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
They should really make iPad-style panel/message view available to all tablets.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Scott1
Scott1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I sat with the demo unit and B&N wanting to know the same thing, what's the google apps experience. The Gmal signin was initially the full web version, but then cut over to the mobile login, after logging in I was directed to the web version. It appeared to work fine and with the high pixel density the small type was readable. Google docs document list worked fine, but when I tried to create a new document I had problems. The document page displayed in full web version, but continued to churn on something. I was unable to edit and after about a minute the browser died. There was a line forming so I wasn't able to try it again.
Scott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
The NC is running 2.1, and therefore has no power to create and edit Google docs. That comes with 2.2. NC will get 2.2 next quarter, according to BN.
Seems that what folks are saying is that NC can work with Google apps after a fashion, but there won't be full functionality till next quarter, with the 2.2 update and (hopefully) NC Google apps from the BN app store.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote