Notices

Old 10-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
MGadAllah
Just learning!
MGadAllah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white 6th generation
Question How to print .mobi & .epub on A4 or A5 white paper

Hi,
I've a lot of .mobi and .epub ebooks and I need to print the books to study.
Thanks
MGadAllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Printing is not a supported feature of either format. The best would be just to study them using your reader or on a pc. A PC would let you copy a page if you need to for a study reference. The only way to print the whole book would be to unpack it first, view the files in a browser and print from that. No guarantee that the images would follow or the formatting would be preserved.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
MGadAllah
Just learning!

Thanks for replying.
I've just goggled after my posting here and found this software EPubsoft ToolBox which enabled me to unlock and convert and print with ease.
But it is not free I am afraid.
Thanks
Old 10-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGadAllah View Post
Hi,
I've a lot of .mobi and .epub ebooks and I need to print the books to study.
Thanks
Open them in Calibre's ebook-viewer. The viewer has a "Print to PDF file" function that has rather reasonable controls and will usually produce a decent PDF for printing. You will have to open the resulting PDF in a full feature PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader, ...) to actually print the file.

Alternately, you could use Calibre to convert them to PDF.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
MGadAllah
Just learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Open them in Calibre's ebook-viewer. The viewer has a "Print to PDF file" function that has rather reasonable controls and will usually produce a decent PDF for printing. You will have to open the resulting PDF in a full feature PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader, ...) to actually print the file.

Alternately, you could use Calibre to convert them to PDF.
Thanks for replying.
I will try it
Advert
Old 10-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #6
MGadAllah
Just learning!

- update -
I tried the software you mentioned.
I am afraid that it is producing a very large size file with a lot of pages.
The original .mobi file when I open it with any pdf viewer like sumatra it shows about 96 page counted by the software.
When I convert it using the EPubsoft ToolBox it converted the .mobi file to a .pdf file with a 243 pages while the software you suggested convert it to a new file with about 982 pages and each page is about few words and the font is very big.
Check attached files.
I've titled each image according to its software.
Check top left area of the image.
The result of the Epubsoft is accepted to me and I did print it and it is really working but the software is not free and it is only 30 days.
So does there is a way to get the same result from the software you suggested?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Library.png
Views:	847
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	152658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Epubsoft.png
Views:	918
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	152659  

Last edited by MGadAllah; 10-28-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...verting-to-pdf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #8
MGadAllah
Just learning!

I am sorry for posting a reply to an old thread.
I am still having the same problem and can not find a solution.
I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube and read many articles from different websites but always got a bigger size and lot of pages and big fonts.
I've read many threads here and some mentioned "Override page size" but I was not able to find this option at all.
Once again I am sorry for posting to an old thread.
I do hope you may help with some details.
I did read the manual but it seems that I can not set it correctly.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:49 PM   #9
MGadAllah
Just learning!

What is the secret to convert .mobi & .epub to .pdf correctly?

Hi,
Please I am trying to convert some .mobi & .epub to .pdf and always get a converted file with a lot of pages and font is very big.
I've tried to choose different output but always get the same.
Also I did read this section in the manual :
I did watched a lot of YouTube videos and read many articles but can not figure it out.
Please, may you help me.
Thanks
Old 10-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #10
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGadAllah View Post
Hi,
Please I am trying to convert some .mobi & .epub to .pdf and always get a converted file with a lot of pages and font is very big.
I've tried to choose different output but always get the same.
Also I did read this section in the manual :
I did watched a lot of YouTube videos and read many articles but can not figure it out.
Please, may you help me.
Thanks
Whats your reason for converting from .mobi/.epub to a less flexible format like .pdf? What are the benefits for you?
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #11
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Whats your reason for converting from .mobi/.epub to a less flexible format like .pdf? What are the benefits for you?

Oh to print. Just saw your other post. It might be better to try to convert it to fixed layout EPUB instead of reflowable epub. Fixed layout epub is close to PDF and not as much conversion is required
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:56 PM   #12
MGadAllah
Just learning!

Quote:
I do have kindle paper white 6th generation but I need to add notes during reading as I am studying it for exam and to be focused and figured that ereader does not fit for my studying but it is really good for casual reading, but for studying it did not worked for me.

Quote:
Oh to print. Just saw your other post. It might be better to try to convert it to fixed layout EPUB instead of reflowable epub. Fixed layout epub is close to PDF and not as much conversion is required
What other post?
If you mean my old thread from 2016? if so, I did tried to post to it instead of starting a new thread but forum software did not allowed me to add a new reply to it.
What is the right settings if you may help as I did tried to convert .mobi to .epub, then from .epub to .pdf.
I convert to .pdf and then print it to A4 papers two sheets per page in a duplex mode which ended with 4 papers per page then binding them all as a book to read/study from it.
Like this:

That is the exact situation.

Note: I do believe that Calibre is a magical piece of software and I do hope to know how.

Thanks

Last edited by MGadAllah; 10-01-2019 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Adding Calibre note.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #13
MGadAllah
Just learning!

I do hope if someone may help as it is important for me.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:46 PM   #14
Fozkas
Connoisseur
Fozkas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
If you are converting why not to word or other editable format?
Then you can format the text as you like/need and print

By the way, to print 2 pages per side, you might as well remove as much margin as possible to if not get more text in, at least bigger font
Fozkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #15
MGadAllah
Just learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozkas View Post
If you are converting why not to word or other editable format?
Then you can format the text as you like/need and print
Because microsoft word consume a lot of time to adjust after converting and I've a lot of books so I can not waste the time as I am almost out of time indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozkas View Post
By the way, to print 2 pages per side, you might as well remove as much margin as possible to if not get more text in, at least bigger font
I did tried to remove the margin when I tried to print to .pdf using calibre viewer but how to reduce the margin and control to increase font size and do not add more contents in the same page after reducing the margins?
Thanks