Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Nook live blog?

I see CNet has one:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...m-barnes-noble

Doesn't look like many (any?) of the other big tech sites do: Engadget, TechCrunch, etc. Bad sign?

15 minutes away. Curious to see if the rumors are correct (expect so) and if B&N has anything else up its sleeve.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I forgot today's the day.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Looks like a lot of people did. Does that bode well?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm following.

They made a big deal about the Kindle with Special Offers (ads). Many don't realize you get ads on the NOOKtouch as well. They advertise books on the homescreen and force download samples that you can't opt-out of.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
They must really be worried about Kindle Fire, it seemed like they mentioned it every other sentence.

I was surprised though that the Nook Touch is already getting a new ink screen. Glad I didn't get one back in the summer. I would like to see the new screens though..
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Bluestar59
Bluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBluestar59 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: none
Another blog here:
http://www.businessinsider.com/barne...e-blog-2011-11

Quick summary - $249 starting November 16, increased Ram (1 GB), increased internal storage (16 GB), 1 Ghz processor, battery life on video (1080p HD capable) is 9 hours and 11 hours reading time, laminated display for better viewing angles, voice recording, magazine and comic book partnership, Nook cloud service, deep Netflix integration, free service at any store for problems with device.
Bluestar59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
where do you see that the Nook Touch is getting a new screen?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #8
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't understand the difference between the Nook Color and the Nook Tablet. Is it just better performance? Can you watch video already on the Nook Color? Are there things you can do on the Nook Tablet that you can't do on Nook Color?

eP
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post

I was surprised though that the Nook Touch is already getting a new ink screen. Glad I didn't get one back in the summer. I would like to see the new screens though..
Yeah, I'm interested as well. Will have to make the trek to a local store.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

If you can actually download movies to the Kindle Fire and not just stream them, that's the winner. Sorry, Netflix is great, but ideally I want to download a movie if I'm traveling by car, boat, plane, train. You can't download movies to the NOOK. You could if you had access to the Android Market.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I don't understand the difference between the Nook Color and the Nook Tablet. Is it just better performance? Can you watch video already on the Nook Color? Are there things you can do on the Nook Tablet that you can't do on Nook Color?
eP
The color is unchanged just received a price drop.

The tablet has better specs, double cpu, ram, storage, and laminated screen. It will also be focused on more media content like preinstalled hulu and netflix
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:

eP
This makes no sense to me either. The price gap as to be bigger. Even $175 might work. But why would anyone buy it at 200 instead of ponying up the extra 50?

I'm actually pretty excited by the NC2/Tablet. As long as it can be rooted, I'll get it (and I don't think there's much chance it can't). But I don't think it has much chance for commercial success against the Fire. 199 is a magic number. I really hoped they'd surprise everyone and come in there (and they might have to drop to it anyway, given the luke-warm response they're getting)
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
elemenoP
Wizard

I was thinking less about the price and more about the name. Why is one called Nook Color and the other is called Nook Tablet, if they both do the same things? If I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this, and I'm a techy MR addict, I think the average consumer is REALLY going to have a hard time understanding which to get.

eP
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I was thinking less about the price and more about the name. Why is one called Nook Color and the other is called Nook Tablet, if they both do the same things? If I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this, and I'm a techy MR addict, I think the average consumer is REALLY going to have a hard time understanding which to get.

eP
I'm with you on that. Should have dropped the first NOOKcolor and just went with the "new" NOOKcolor. Like they did with the NOOK (eInk). It's referred to as the new Nook. The NOOKcolors look the same.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #15
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I'm much more interested in this Cloud service. What else is being said about that, if anything?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote