Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
myet01
myet01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hyperlinks Issue in NLT Bible (ebook or software issue)?

Hello,

I have the NLT Bible (Kobo epub) that I downloaded from the Kobo
store. In some chapters hyperlinks work and in some they don't. I
will give you two examples but it happens throughout the bible:

1 - Go to Table of Contents and select "Genesis" , at the top of the
page are hyperlink numbers 1 thru 50. Press any of these numbers and
the link takes you to the correct page and verse.
2 - Go to Table of Contents and select "Ephesians", at the top of the
page are hyperlink numbers 1 thru 6. Press any of these numbers and
the link "Blinks" (dark then light) and then does nothing. It does
not take you to the correct page or verse and leaves you on the first
page.

It happens in many other chapters as well. Is this a defect in the
ebook or the software? Anyone else having this problem within the same book where some hyperlinks work and others don't?

Tony
myet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
Hello,

I have the NLT Bible (Kobo epub) that I downloaded from the Kobo
store. In some chapters hyperlinks work and in some they don't. I
will give you two examples but it happens throughout the bible:

1 - Go to Table of Contents and select "Genesis" , at the top of the
page are hyperlink numbers 1 thru 50. Press any of these numbers and
the link takes you to the correct page and verse.
2 - Go to Table of Contents and select "Ephesians", at the top of the
page are hyperlink numbers 1 thru 6. Press any of these numbers and
the link "Blinks" (dark then light) and then does nothing. It does
not take you to the correct page or verse and leaves you on the first
page.

It happens in many other chapters as well. Is this a defect in the
ebook or the software? Anyone else having this problem within the same book where some hyperlinks work and others don't?

Tony
Tony,

Have you tried reading this epub online, in your library on the Kobo store? If there are bad links in the file it would behave this way.

Larry J.
larrymohr is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymohr View Post
Tony,

Have you tried reading this epub online, in your library on the Kobo store? If there are bad links in the file it would behave this way.

Larry J.
Hyperlink functionality has not been added to the PC Desktop Application. To check to see whether hyperlinks are working you could load the EPUB into Adobe Digital Editions and try it there.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
myet01

I hate to sound uninformed but how do I download the NLT Bible to Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)? I have ADE on my computer but where or how do I get the NLT Bible into it?

Tony
Old 07-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
I hate to sound uninformed but how do I download the NLT Bible to Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)? I have ADE on my computer but where or how do I get the NLT Bible into it?

Tony
Go to your Account>Purchase History in your Desktop Application and click the ADOBE DRM EPUB button beside the book you want to download. This will download a file called URLLink.acsm to your computer. Double click that file and it will download the EPUB, open ADE and load it into ADE.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
myet01

Excellent Instructions! Well I downloaded the NLT Bible to ADE and the links work. Evidently the Kobo Touch has a bug in it. By the way I am using the latest version that just got released 1.9.8