Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #16
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Tom...

To fix your problem, navigate to http://<your host and port>/browse instead of the default URL.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to resurrect this but I had a follow up question. Let's say I use a mod like CM7 and install the Kindle app. Do you think I will be able to open .mobi files from calibre content server within the Kindle app? iOS has a feature called 'Open In' where you can select the app (if it supports it) to open a file. Is there a similar feature on Android?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Sorry to resurrect this but I had a follow up question. Let's say I use a mod like CM7 and install the Kindle app. Do you think I will be able to open .mobi files from calibre content server within the Kindle app? iOS has a feature called 'Open In' where you can select the app (if it supports it) to open a file. Is there a similar feature on Android?
I cannot speak for calibre content server, but if you want to simply connect a rooted nookcolor to a computer via USB and copy over sideloaded books, below are the locations in which you would copy them. Yes, you can open MOBI and PRC files in Kindle for Android.

Nook for Android: /mnt/sdcard/Nook/MyDocuments/ is where sideloaded content goes and /mnt/sdcard/Nook/Content/ is where it seems to store purchased books. I'm not sure about library books.

Kindle for Android: /mnt/sdcard/kindle/

Coolreader, Aldiko, FBReader, Moon+ Reader: /mnt/sdcard/eBooks/ where "eBooks" is named to whatever name you want. I use "eBooks" because it is simple and obvious.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #19
astrodad
Guru

I'll state what I want more clearly. If I go to a browser, tap on a link to a .mobi file, can I open that file in the Kindle app on a rooted or modded Nook?