Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Oasis Sort Error

I have my Oasis 3 setup to show as List and sort by Recent. Most books follow that setting but there are about 6 books that always are at the top. All 6 are by the same author (Keith Pearson). Sometimes they will even push my current book to page 2 if I go back to the Home screen. All books are AZW3 loaded through Calibre. I can't figure out what is so special about these books. I have removed them, reloaded them, then added new books afterwards. Still, they keep popping back to the top of the list.

It is not a major problem but I am very curious about what would be causing this.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Any chance the creation date in Calibre is in the future or blank?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
HogDrvr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Any chance the creation date in Calibre is in the future or blank?
Nope, good thought though. All six have a date of 18 Aug 2019. They also don't show up at the top of the list in Calibre if sorted by Date.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogDrvr View Post
Nope, good thought though. All six have a date of 18 Aug 2019. They also don't show up at the top of the list in Calibre if sorted by Date.
Does your Oasis have the correct date and time?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #5
HogDrvr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Does your Oasis have the correct date and time?
The time is correct. I don't see a setting for date. Still, that wouldn't explain what makes these 6 special.

Again, this isn't a big deal but it has me scratching my head.
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogDrvr View Post
The time is correct. I don't see a setting for date. Still, that wouldn't explain what makes these 6 special.

Again, this isn't a big deal but it has me scratching my head.
Kindles remove time drift when airplane mode is turned off and they are connected to a wifi or phone network, but if left in airplane mode for a long time, the time drifts.

The only thing I can think of is that the p_lastAccess column in the cc.db collections database has bogus values for those books.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote