Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #166
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatGIV View Post
@ rcentros: Well, after playing w/it for a couple of hours have decided to return to sender for refund. It locks up sporadically, then to get it back, have to press reset, then the power button for a reboot. Then everything works fine until the next time. First experience w/mercari not so good but will give them another shot in the future. FYI.
Sorry to hear that. I keep giving bad buying advice, it appears. I think I'll refrain from making suggestions in the future. (I've, personally, had better luck, but my T1 reboots fairly often when trying to use the dictionary – I just thought that was a T1 issue. If you've had a T1 for a while though, and it hasn't done that, then it's probably NOT normal T1 behavior.)

Now that I've tried Mercari a few times, I'm not that impressed with their seller policies. (My first two buys were great, the other two poor and "meh.") There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to make sellers honor their sales. (Others have complained about this, as well.) You can cancel a sale and get a refund, but it appears the sellers can disregard their sale and list elsewhere. I see a blue Sony PRS-505 (that looks a lot like the one I bought and never received, sale finally cancelled) now listed on Mercari AND eBay simultaneously.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:07 PM   #167
PatGIV
Connoisseur
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & 2 ea. of T2
Nope, not your fault my friend, just "the luck of the draw" and sale could have been a good one. Received word from Mercari that return has been approved IF the seller will agree to take it back. What? Guess if seller has unloaded a defective piece of equipment, then "buyer beware" albeit to late. If that is the case, I will not give them another try as that is bad business tactics, imo.
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #168
PatGIV
Connoisseur

A return couldn't have been any easier! Received prepaid label via email, printed out, and using paper stuffing used the same Amazon box to return to sender @ local post office. All's well that ends well! Still looking for that "special "T-1 or T-2". :-)
Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #169
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatGIV View Post
A return couldn't have been any easier! Received prepaid label via email, printed out, and using paper stuffing used the same Amazon box to return to sender @ local post office. All's well that ends well! Still looking for that "special "T-1 or T-2". :-)
i have a T2 that is in near perfect condition. PM me if you are interested.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #170
PatGIV
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i have a T2 that is in near perfect condition. PM me if you are interested.
Ck your PM...
Old 09-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #171
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Prices of these continue to rise.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote